1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdshrink error, compacting my authored mpeg-2, it's about 4.5gb

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mattdaddy, Nov 16, 2003.

1. mattdaddy

mattdaddy Member

ok first off i've managed to turn a divx to mpeg-2 and authored it. Everything works perfectly except I can't burn it using Nero or Dvd author because file is larger the 4.7 . Now I tried to shrink the VOB files in video_ts, with dvd shrink, but when i try to open the VIDEO_TS files it gives me an error..saying (cannot decrypt VOBs and unkown error). this is with video_ts my ifo file and VTS_01_0. can anyone help me out? or is their an easier way to compress this w/ a diff program besides dvdshrink? please help.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should Have encoded to the right size in the First place because if you try to compress the Folder even Just a Little Bit you will Greatly reduce the Overall Quality..So you are Better off Just going back and re-encodeing the DivX file to Mpeg2/DVD but use a Slightly Lower Bitrate when you encode it, and if you can do not use "Wav" format as the audio format in your DVD Because this will Take up much to much space on the DVD...Use Mpeg1 Layer 2 audio or AC3 if you have the Option.....Cheers

3. mattdaddy

mattdaddy Member

yup yup, thanks minion. I've decided to just go back and re-encode them. Only junk thing is I had about 3 movies already encoded so now I got some more time to kill. Thanks =)

4. SuiSam

SuiSam Member

Try using burn at once(one word) its free (no im not plugging it) and i have had no problems with it. Nero has a crash more often than wanted, we all know this. I think in a total of 100 dvd's ive burned with burnatonce(.com i think) i have had NO COASTERS(stuffed cd's) nero on the otherhand had plenty. Just thought id help ya out