1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink: Failed to seek in "ISO File"

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jrochet, Dec 14, 2004.

1. jrochet

jrochet Member

anybody ever get this message when trying to open a disk from image (.img) file using DVDShrink 3.2?
    Anybody know if it can be fixed? Please Help

2. Modesto

Modesto Member

I don't have any experience opening an img file directly in DVDShrink if that is what you mean. Instead I have Alcohol 120% installed, which will let you mount the .img onto a virtual drive. Then just treat the virtual drive as any other DVD-Rom and "open disc"... that should work fine.

Also, is the image too big for a dvd-r/dvd+r ? Not too often ppl need to put an .img through shrink again.

Modesto

3. jrochet

jrochet Member

Here's the rest of the details...the image is only 4.2GB so it isn't too big, i get the error whether i mount the image with alcohol and open disc in dvd shrink or if i try to open from image. The reason why I re-run my .img's through dvd shrink is because alcohol does not recognize .img's so the best way for me to get an ISO file is to use shrink to re-author it. And just to save somebody the thread, I don't like renaming .img's to .iso because it's a quick fix but not a good one.

4. Modesto

Modesto Member

Have you tried using DVD Decrypter ? It will burn both .iso and .img files.

5. MRSMOVIE

MRSMOVIE Member

hello, i am new in using dvd shrink and to this forum and i would like to know if ya could help me understand burning dvds. when i go to dvd shrink it gives me a chose to backup in iso image or hard folder. what is the difference and is one better than the other? Will my media play well burning to either one?

6. Modesto

Modesto Member

mrsmovie hi, I don't think there is any difference in quality between choosing to save to a hard drive folder or an .iso image (which will still end up on your hard drive). My preferred burning program for dvd images is dvd decrypter, so I use the image option for convenience.

7. jrochet

jrochet Member

mrsmovie, get your own thread!!!! and for future references, nobody starts a help needed thread so that some fool can come along and change the topic...so don't do it again, that's the sort of thing that makes searching the forums a pain in the ass.

Oh yah, Modesto I think I will go with your suggestion and try dvd decrypter, I haven't yet because I like to install the least amount of apps possible to keep my system nice and clean, but this is a good time to expand my app library i think.