1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink/Nero Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ambu12, Jan 5, 2005.

1. ambu12

ambu12 Member

This is more Nero than DVDShrink, but hopefully somebody else has had this happen.

I've been using DVDShrink and ultimately burning through Nero (through the checkbox option in DVDShrink) fine for the last two weeks, since I installed my new DVD writer. Then, today all of a sudden, whenever I burn a DVD, dvdshrink/nero hangs right as it finishes "lead out". Ultimately, it does finish the lead out, so the dvd is done and works fine, but then the program hangs and I can't even close it through task manager. I have to reboot my machine.

This isn't a big issue, as I said the DVD comes out fine, but it's a pain to have to reboot the system every time I burn a DVD.

Anybody else have this problem? Again, it's a brand new burner, and it just started doing this out of the blue. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jeff

2. ambu12

ambu12 Member

It should also be added I have isolated this to Nero for sure, as I have tried the write to disk output with DVDShrink, and manually burn the DVD in Nero myself - same problem, hangs after the lead-out.

3. colw

colw Active member

You could try Nero Clean Tools to flush out any remnants in your registry and then re-install.

The registry may still contain a link to your previous burner.

http://www.nero.com/us/Clean_Tools.html

4. ambu12

ambu12 Member

Ahh. This is my first DVD burner in this computer. I only had a CD-R before. But I will give that a shot anyhow.

5. ambu12

ambu12 Member

Okay, cleaning out nero with it's own cleantools didn't work. Here's some other things from other people that didn't work:

HP suggested I remove all burning software altogether, clean the registry, uninstall all drivers under the device manager for all cd/dvd-rom drives, then re-install all burning software. Did that, nothing changed.
    Got antoher suggestion to downgrade to ASPI 4.6 from 4.7 or not installed at all (my case - wasn't installed to begin with), so I installed it. Again, nothing changed.
    Lastly tried nero with the clean tools, re-installed. Nothing. Still hangs on leadout.

Any other suggestions?

Jeff

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What do you have the final Shrunk DVD size set at? I had a simler problem that your having and had the size on DVD shrink set at the full DVD-5 disc 4,7G. So I went to costum size in prefrences and brought it back to 4432 so it wouldnt get so close to the side of the disc. It fixed the long lead-out time for me.

8. ambu12

ambu12 Member

Unfortunately dvdshrink isn't the issue. I've recorded smaller dvd's under dvd-5 size with just nero alone, no dvd-shrink involved, and it does the same thing. HP just emailed me another avenue to try. Gonna try and post the results.

jb