1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdshrink not copying audio LPCM 2-ch Unspecified

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by linda69, Nov 27, 2007.

1. linda69

linda69 Member

Hi- I've been using DVDshrink for a while, but now I'm having trouble backing up a particular movie. It may be because of the way it was produced. It's a short public tv show that my grampa was in, so I really want to make sure I have a backup since it means so much to me. The video copies and burns fine, but it doesn't put the audio into the audio_ts folder- it's just empty. "LPCM 2-ch Unspecified" is what the audio track is called, and it only appears when I highlight the "main movie" line. (There is no audio in the menus- it's a small budget show). I make sure that I highlight everything on the left side when I press backup, and the "create video ts and audio ts" line is checked of course. I'm somewhat of a techie, but I haven't done anything besides the basics with DVDshrink, so please be nice. Thanks for any suggestions you can give!

Linda

2. attar

attar Senior member

That folder is normally empty.
    Does the backed up movie/audio playback ok when you use the PC media player?

3. linda69

linda69 Member

Er, my windows media player doesn't play DVDs. Are you referring to the version you can get if you have Vista? I have win2000pro (updated). I tried playing it with cyberlink power dvd and interactual dvd player. Both of them played the video fine, but had no sound. I did look at the audio menu as if I wanted to switch to another language, and it did have english checked when I was playing the regular movie and english not checked when I was in the title menu (there is no sound for the titles- cheap tv show).

Linda

4. linda69

linda69 Member

Argh, I'm sorry! When I was writing the reply to you, I had already played the DVD unsuccessfully on the interactive player, but I hit send before I played it on the Power DVD software. The audio works fine on the power DVD software. Should I assume it will work okay with windows media player too? I'm going to be bringing the DVD over to a friend's and he has a computer but not a tv dvd player.

Linda

5. attar

attar Senior member

If WMP does not have access to a suitable MPEG2 decoder, I doubt it will play.
    If your friend downloads/installs 'VLC' there should be no problem with playback.