1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink not doing its Job

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gordon4, Mar 10, 2005.

1. gordon4

gordon4 Guest

I have been copying and burning dvds for a while now with no problems using DVD Shrink then DVD Decrypter excellent free tools. However ive noticed on alot of the newer DVDs coming out and some older ones AlienVPreditor Harts War CatchMeIfYouCan to mention just a few when you burn with decrypter then check the disk it then say parsing IFO Files VTS_02_0.IFO
    uncorrectable error is this because of the new copyright protection in these disks it seems the only way round it is to run it through decrypter first then through shrink then back through decrypter is there a shrink program that will do what decrypter does and get rid of it as this process is a pain will dvd shrink be updating to fix this problem

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

A lot of folk are running AnyDVD in the background, ripping with DVDecrypter, and then using DVDshrink.

The latest version of DVD43 also claims to break these encryptions.

ddlooping who wrote the original shrink program, said, "this is the last version"

gringle

3. mykle

mykle Member

this one also works and its free. DVD43Free 3.5.2 .

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

The only time I have gotten this type of error has been when this original disk is scratched sometimes cleaning helps, but trying another original usually works. DVD Decrypter handles scratched disks better than DVD Shrink so running it through decrypter first is a better idea.

5. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

i agree with arniebear i use decrypter first and have never had a problem like that

6. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

For what it's worth, I too have had an occasional problem with Shrink and recent releases. I tried AnyDVD and am very pleased with it. It runs as a service in your system tray and doesn't consume much in the way of resources...about 5 MB of RAM and no noticeable processor use. I then run Shrink as normal and all is right with the world. :)

Regards,

DF

7. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Well just after,, or maybe a few days, before I joined AD, 'bout six months ago'

DVDshrink had decided too, do something else.

And sixmonths; and a lifetime later,, a freely given gift, ain't doing it's job?? lol

gringle .

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

it's a shame the author of dvd shrink has moved on to other things, but he left us a fantastic (and incredibly simple to use, intuitive) oh and simple to use program which will still rip a massive amount of titles. and for a long time to come; so its maybe not gonna get upgraded by anyone, no matter. we can still use it, there are other proggies we can use. ie dvd decryptor et al. plus you can buy software if ya like, but that will be out of date each time new protections come out anyhow

oh and gotta say it again, its simple to use !

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

DVD Shrink will always be on my desktop since when used with AnyDVD it is still an excellent ripper. I no longer use it as an encoder (too slow) as I have moved on to other retail software that is at least twice as fast with comparable or better quality than shrink with all the quality enhancements checked.

Shrink is still the best free encoding software out there and there is no need for further updates as long as you spend only $40 for AnyDVD which is or soon will be required for most encoding software anyway.

10. creaky

i don't necessarily think anydvd will be NEEDED for most things coming up, as maybe (for example) dvd decryptor will handle them, as long as it's frequently updated by lightning-uk, as it as at present

Rich

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

creaky,
    You're probably wright but it's so much easier, nicer, and faster to just double click on the red fox on your desktop, open your backup proggy of choice and go. No waiting for 15-20 minutes for DVDD unless absolutely necessary.

12. creaky

yer, all down to personal choice. Pesky protections, the damn cheek of it !

Rich