1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdshrink - not enough storage space

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mattbrn, Apr 30, 2007.

1. mattbrn

mattbrn Guest

hi there, been using dvdshrink, dvd decrypter, fixvts

i've tried all of the above using different combinations but when it comes down to using dvd shrink i press the open files button, (it gives me an e.t. to analyse (7 + minutes) then at 35% it says there's not enough storage space to complete the action...I do have 29.7 g free space, so i am assuming the error message is refering to the amount of space (kb) allowed for each winxp pro file. is there a way to enlarge file size or is there something i'm missing...i would use shrink to do just the movie without the extras but i can't get past the open file area to do that... this is most frustrating...this is the first time i've had a major problem with any of these programs...can anyone help?

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

when u say u have 29 gig left? is this on the same drive as where u are storing the output files

if your c drive(or whichever drive your temp folder is on) hasnt enough space it may give this error due to lack of space. it works in the temp folder until it has completed the file then copies it to your output folder

3. mattbrn

mattbrn Guest

yeh, i'm not using the c drive for storage, using e with 40 gigs...i think it's refering to either the amt of space given to each file in kbs or it's the swap file storage space that is lacking in size...shrink says that the capacity is 144, 604, 640 kb but i only have 42, 702, 032 available.... i'm running winxp pro with 2- 512 sticks of mem... i have 2 drives one is split to c and d... c has 5.04 g free and d has 8.19...the second drive, which is what i'm using for storage, has 40.7 gig free

i used a program called siw (windows system info prog.) to look at the file info....it says page file size is 1536 mb and im using 24mb with the max used as 24....hope this info will assist with the space problem

4. Mez

Mez Active member

For some reason I did not see the other postings when I posted my original responce. Now I am sure your C: drive is so full it is effecting your computers ability to compute because the memory can not swap to disk. Your analysis shouldn't take more than a few minutes. My computer which is not fast usually only takes a minute or two. Make sure you have a few Gs on C: AFTER you empty the trash can. I suspect everything you do will speed up after that.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  5. mattbrn

mattbrn Guest

it could be c: i'm using e for storage because it has 40 gigs (it's my second drive....) c: and d: are on my first drive....and c is quite small..perhaps by changing my c drive size i could get more mem...my trash can is empty and i've deleted everything i don't need to keep...
    any suggestions for an easy (for dummys) way to change the size of the drive for c without loosing or screwing up the data on d....suggestions welcome

6. mattbrn

mattbrn Guest

i have 5.4 gigs left on c

7. Mez

Mez Active member

Buy a new drive kit. The kit usually is just a disk and software. The software will allow you to partition and or duplicate any drive. Verify that you are getting the kit before you drive or get it at a place where you can return it. You install it as the last drive and partition the disk and copy the C: drive. The software will make an exact duplicate of your C: drive. Reboot, then set it up as the boot disk in your CMOS. Your problems are solved. I have a slow CPU and big fast drives. It out performs many newer computers. I recommend SATA drives but you will need a SATA controller so you might not want to go through the extra work. SATAs are great for video work. They are easily 10X faster than an ultra IDE.

8. Mez

Mez Active member

With 5g free space after you emptied the trash can space is not the real issue. Try ripping with Defab which is the only free ripper that is current. Note where you put the files when you rip and open the files in 'file mode' in shrink. Shrink was duped by the video protection and used up all the C: drive. You need a smarter ripper.