1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink, oldie moldy ones? Out there doin' it??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kitty66, Feb 9, 2007.

1. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Hi Everyone:

I have heard via several posts on another forum that the latest update of AnyDVD will work with older versions of Shrink for the newer sony/lionsgate dvd's.

Does anyone know where to download this 2.3 version. It is the one mentioned. Per usual my curiosity is getting the better of me and I would like to try it out.

Also are there any known issues with 2.3 that I should be aware of.

Anyone who is using this could you please holla back at me?

Thanks!, hope everyone is having a great day!

^ ^
    >:<

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey kitty66
    It's been a long time since I used this version of Shrink but I don't recall any issues. Then again my memory isn't what is once was :0)
    You can download 2.3 here.

Might try it myself w/ AnyDVD.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Kitty,
    You can find pretty much every version of Shrink ever released here:
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/dvdshrinkold/

2.3 was the hot ticket when I started. I don't remember any specifics about it though. 3.0b5 came out soon after and that became the hot ticket!
    Cheers!

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

fasfrank
    Binkie's "here" was the same as your link.

Kitty
    Going back to the older versions of Shrink you lose some of the newer functions. Among those no Quality Settings for higher compression. There's no editing with Still Image and there is no dual layer support. Though Shrink supporters said Shrink was the greatest back then, the author saw fit to give it a major upgrade as a farewell gift with 3.2. I'll just stick with RI4M and Shrink 3.2. I've been doing all the more difficult releases with RI4M and the files work with any programs I want to use them with. For my favorites I'm letting Shrink do the analysis to make sure the files are compliant, then closing it down and opening the files in RB/CCE.

5. blake123

blake123 Guest

i tested 3.0 beta works running with scissors

6. binkie7

@blake123
    Did that version work doing full backup w/ AnyDVD?
    I haven't tried any earlier versions of Shrink & AnyDVD with the new stuff but may just for the heck of it.

7. blake123

blake123 Guest

yeah ,anydvd running in background

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2007
  8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

With the older Shrink, the problem with compression can only be relieved by editing out extras. So using the older Shrink is self defeating unless quality isn't an issue.

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

@packman,
    I know it's the same link. We posted at about the same time. I took to much time and she beat me.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Speedy gal. Don't you just luv her. ;) She gets extra points for neatness. LOL

11. binkie7

lol - neatness - half the time by typing is atrocious :)

@blake123
    Txs for the info.

I was just thinking of trying it - may not burn it so for this I wouldn't be too concerned w/ compression for once - I'd just check the playback on the pc instead.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Binkie
    You have those neat links with the hidden URLs. ;) Even when you type bad, it's a neat presentation. Go girl...

13. binkie7

Yeah the links are better than my typing - hell I had a typo in my above post - eck!

Guess I won't be a good secretary - lol

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL They use spelling check software.

15. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Wow...and I thought this was a dead horse. Thanks so much for posting the links. I am just curious as people have had success with this ALLEGEDLY with Any and like S3, etc...so I want to try it.

Don't worry Pac, I'll stick with ripit. I Love RIPIT! I can't say enough about it.

See...go here if you are curious about it:

http://www.ripit4me.org

Thanks for the links. Good to know.

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

That sounds like a country colloquialism. I thought you were an ex-city girl. LOL

17. summitboy

summitboy Member

I have been trying to back up Open Season for the past week and the most current version of Shrink with AnyDVD in the background will not open the DVD. I am assuming that there will be an update to AnyDVD shortly that will deal with this but I saw this thread and decided to try RipIt4Me etc.

So I have all the required programs according to the help menu and proceeded through the wizard steps. when I got to the step for beginning the rip with decrypter, I get this error message

I/O error!

Device [1:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P65 PS08 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation Check Condition

CDB A3 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 6F 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation Send Key Challenge Key (0)

Sense Area: 07 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 6F 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Copy Protection Key Exchange Failure - Authentication Failure

Device Authentication Failed!

Device [1:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P65 PS08 (D:) (ATA)

Reason: Failed to send Challenge Key

Anybody have a clue what the problem is. I am not a total computer geek so not quite sure how to proceed.

Thanks,
    Don

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Don
    Kitty, binkie and fasfrank must have been busy. Kitty and I are both RI4M fans. I guess you got unlucky and got me on this draw. LOL

The program has a homesite and a forum. http://www.ripit4me.org

With my limited knowledge, it looks like it made an error reading the encryption. (I'm assuming the drive is working with other software and reading properly). Having just done Open Season, I know for a fact that when properly installed the RipIt4Me can do the release. I did the Full DVD and it plays perfectly.

I'll do a quick run through. Last DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink installed before installing RI4M, use RI4M installer to install RI4M and FixVTS. A bit of info here. When doing releases with known heavy copy protection, it is best to use the 1-Click mode. The Wizard adds flexibility of leaving steps out. Use Full DVD or one of the methods that use the file format. Avoid ISO here, RI4M and DVD Decrypter need to be able to access the individual files for decryption and cleanup and FixVTS needs to be able to process the individual files for compliance. Sometimes the program may seem to hang, but give it a chance. Some of the new releases have nearly a hundred bogus files to sort through. I noticed one release had about 400 errors for RI4M to clean up. Hope you didn't miss anything, I just did a quick run through. The guide is at http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

As I mentioned, with the 1-Click mode, Open Season was a piece of cake for RipIt4Me. BTW, I thought the movie was halarious.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  19. binkie7

@summitboy
    Just to add to PacMan's post:

Update the firmware on the drive to the latest - PSOB.
    Might help this problem but best to keep the firmware up to date anyhow.

If you have another drive try that one 2.

@PacMan
    I'm a fan of RipIt4Me too! Fan of alot of programs like most of us :)

Yeah I actually liked this movie too - didn't think I would but was pretty funny!

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Binkie
    Did you catch Gridiron Gang. That was supposed to be another difficult copy protection. Good movie as well. I guess The Rock got enough acting practice in the ring, he's turned out to be a decent actor in the movies. As far as acting and not just action scenes, Gridiron Gang is probably his best yet. Did GG with RI4M. It's making me lazy. LOL