1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDshrink read problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by azza9, Apr 13, 2005.

1. azza9

azza9 Member

Hi,

Ive been using DVDshrink for over a year now without any problem. Just recently though, for some reason unknown to myself, dvdshrink has start to read at a slower rate (currently reads at 2200 KB/S, usually used to read at 3500-3600 KB/S). Ive had a look through all the options on dvdshrink, but i cant seem to find anything that allows me to alter the read rate. What could be causing dvdshrink to read at a slower rate?

Id be grateful for any advice on this problem.

Note: i only started to experirence this problem after i used dvddecrypter the first time to back-up a movie (the forgotten), could this have altered the read rate of dvdshrink?

2. sdragon_

sdragon_ Member

Another thought. The DVD-ROM lens can get cratched and dirty like DVD's. This can also affect read speads if the Drive has a hard time reading DVD's. You can see about getting a lens cleaner if the previous answer doesn't work for you.

3. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Does it do this with every disc you try to read? If it only did it with one disk, you may have a disc with light scratches or fingerprints or something. These things on the disc can cause slower read rates.