1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvdshrink reboot between rips

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Huskyguy, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Huskyguy

Huskyguy Member

After dvdshrink does it's thing, and I want a different dvd to rip, very often I need to reboot my computer. Dvdshrink gives me an error msg. Sometimes it works after I eject the dvd when dvdshrink is looking for it ("no disk"), and then re-enter the dvd, but this process doesn't work all the time. Am I missing a simple thing I'm doing wrong?

thanks
    Ken

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

what's the error message it's giving you? And honestly rebooting after each rip isn't a bad idea.

3. Huskyguy

Huskyguy Member

The error msg: "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Copy protection error. Incorrect function." Followed by: "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file "E.\" The parameter is incorrect.

After reboot, all is fine. I just wondered in the basic instructions whether you close out the program, somehow refresh the drive, etc. is the correct way to go when making back to back burns.

thanks again
    Ken

4. sadsac

sadsac Guest

After closing the "done" box after burning and clicking "cancel" because I no longer have an interest in working with the original, I notice that if I run my mouse over the 3 boxes in the upper right of the program window (the ones that maximize, minimize, and close out the program), they don't highlight. If I wait a few seconds, something refreshes and they again highlight when I run the mouse over them. I have noticed in the past that if I try to close out the program or open another disk before it does this, I get an error and have to reboot.

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

strange...

I can rip and burn all day without restarting if I want, but I don't because it does cause lags. Encoding and burning is a memory hog and rebooting helps to refresh your memory.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  6. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Can you give us the specs on your computer? Sounds like a hardware issue.