1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdshrink stopping at 2%

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gmovie69, Jan 2, 2005.

1. gmovie69

gmovie69 Guest

it starts the back up its all good then itll just stop n say somethings wrong with the file bla bla bla, i already backed up like 2 dvds no problems like this n e one pleaseeeeeeeee help i need to back up my dvds

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

There are a lot of different errors. If you do a search on the name of the error, most likely your question has already been answered.
    If you need help past that point, make a post with more information than file bla bla bla. People volunteer their time to answer questions. They do not want waste that time making a blind guess.
    I have backed several hundred DVD and still run into problems.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  3. dho74

dho74 Member

rrottger..........can you help me with a problem i'm having as well?

4. gmovie69

gmovie69 Guest

WELL THIS IS ALL THAT HAPPENS

I START THE BACKUP
    THEN AT ABOUT 2 % IT STOPS AND A WINDOW POPS UP AND SAYS

"DVD SHRINK ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND CANNOT CONTINUE

FAILED TO READ FILE"E:\"

INCORRECT FUNCTION"

SO HOPE THAT HELPS AND HOPE U CAN HELP ME. I JUST DID ANOTHER DVD AND IT WORKED FINE NO PROBLEMS THEN I TRIED AGAIN BUT IT HAD THE SAME PROB AS BEFROE SO MAYBE ITS THE DVD BUT WHY WOULD IT BE ONLY CERTAN DVDS

5. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

You could also try decrypting the dvd with dvd decrypter, and then using shrink to compress. For some reason I have had trouble with shrink on a couple of dvd's.

6. gmovie69

gmovie69 Guest

CANT USE DECYPTER, LIVE IN THE US

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2005
  7. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

First of all turn off your caps lock. Secondly, your backing up dvd's and are worried about downloading and using dvd decrypter? That doesn't make any sense. What do you think shrink does? It removes the copy protection as well, it just isn't as good at, it in my opinion. You can also download it here:
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?act=download
    as well as this site.
    Also, do you have the newest version of dvd shrink? 3.2.0.15

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2005
  8. gmovie69

gmovie69 Guest

yea i got the newest version, 3rd whats with your attitude

9. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

The attitude is all caps is against the rules. He was being nice in what he said. He could have just handed you over to the MODs. We all give of our own free time. Some "Newbies" think help is a GOD given rigth. Lose the attitude or answer your own ?.

DVD Decrypter in the US. Yes there are poeple in the US using it. Poeple buy a DVD and thier kids mess them up, so they are going to but another copy. Does it work the other way around. Say Microsoft went out of business, how would you get all that software re-activated if you had a crash. You would not!

[​IMG]
    Be careful or I see a storm in your future.

[bold]Edit: Try reading the rules![/bold]
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005