1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdshrink working 1/2 the time. ?? Advice plz

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bahgee, Jan 15, 2007.

1. bahgee

bahgee Guest

I have used dvdshrink newest version for a few weeks now. Very cool program. In the last 2 days i have had an issue. After i hit backup it analyzes fine. Once it tries to encode to its folder it starts and after about 5 seconds the application just terminates. No errors, No nothing. just dissapears. However this only happens about 1/2 the time. Should i uninstall it and re-install? This a Common problem? Any help greatly appreciated.

2. vballstud

vballstud Guest

If you are only using DVD Shrink, they stopped support for it over a year ago. You need a program like AnyDVD to break the newest forms of encryption and security on dvds.

3. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Hey vball. I have anydvd. The newest version. they dont do the same thing. I have no issue with encryption. I think you misunderstood my thread. DVD Shrink is terminating on its on after encoding for some reason 1/2 the time. NO encryption issues here. Thanks though.

4. vballstud

vballstud Guest

Well you never stated that you had the most current version of AnyDVD in your OP. If you had, then I would have been able to eliminate that as a possibility. I usually get that kind of error with DVD Shrink when there is a new encryption type and my version of AnyDVD isn't up to date... when my AnyDVD version is up to date, I usually just reboot my system and wipe off the dvd, reinsert, and try again... It usually works after that.

5. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Cool, Ill re-boot and see if that helps.. Appreciate it.

6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

bahgee, i would try uninstalling and doing a clean reinstall of dvd shrink. also you can rip the dvd to your HD with anydvd then transcode with dvd shrink this may help

do you have a box system (Dell,HP etc.)? and does it have any preloaded burning software? like roxio etc.

7. bahgee

bahgee Guest

I have a Dell. I un-installed yesterday and re-installed dvdshrink. No errors but Nero wont turn on automatically. NO dvd software pre-loaded. Im going to do the fixes above on nero and see what happens. Let u know. Thanks

8. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

9. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Hey michael thanks for your reply. Nero has always been set. I have another program i use besides nero in the mean time. I already payed for anydvd and dont think im gonna get clonedvd. I have no doubt its good, I just dont want to spend any money on software when there are free alternatives. Thanks so much for your help. I will definitly look into the dvddecrytror

10. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

11. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

12. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Besides Nero which i know is great, what works with Anydvd to DvDshrink to _______? Im getting a bit baffled when i here imgburn and dvddecryptor etc? Besides Nero, which will start automatically, but not for me presently, has the most consistently good results? Im aware the dvdshrink has no updates. What can i use with anydvd which i payed for and is updated? The following is what i am looking for: In a nutshell. I would like to use Anydvd. Secondly, what can i encode with besides dvdshrink (thats free) and then auto-burn (turns on automatically so i can go to bed and wake up and the dvd will be burnt). Any input on what i can use with anydvd is greatly appreicated.

Holy crap i just found out The bourne supremacy and Friday night lights cannot be encoded by dvdshrink. Coincidentally i tried to encode both those the other night. (which is why the dvdshrink program just turned off) Still need that automatic software for burning to come on after encoding. Yeh im gonna have to put dvdshrink in the back seat for something better im afraid. bring on the ideas. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  13. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

dvd decrypter will auto start with dvd shrink.

as i said dvd shrink doesn't update anymore so its going to have problems transcoding newer dvds

you have several options ,the first one clonedvd 2 is your best choice being it very easy to use. use the link and guide in my other post.

freeware you have "RipIt4Me" which i posted in my last post or you can use DVDFab Decrypter

use the guides i posted and read though them. heres some more

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides.html

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  14. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Last question. It seems like dvddecryptor and Anydvd do the same thing with exception of anydvd not burning the software? I will read the links when i get out of my office. Will anydvd and decryptor conflict? Thanks again.

15. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

no they will not conflit

you can use the ripper option in anydvd also ripping the file to your HD then try dvd shrink to transcode, that may work

right click the fox head in the traybar and click "Rip Video-DVD to Harddisc..."