1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Funkey, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Funkey

Funkey Member

I really like this program but I keep having problems with it. I rip backup's with anydvd seems to work ok. Can open the files that are ripped and reauthor them. It goes through the encoding process with no errors. At the point that the file should burn. I get the message that it can not connect to device. I have nero and have selected nero to burn it within DVDShrink. What am I doing wrong. I guess I should add that I have DVDClone2 and am able to burn files with it just fine. Just wondering if the wrong burner is being selected some how as I have two burners installed.

Thanks

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Well, DVD Shrink is a fantastic program, however, if you have Nero 7 then Shrink is not able to communicate with it. Nero has a Recode2 that works very similar to Shrink. I can not be more specific because I use Nero 6 and do not have the same problem that you have.

To use Recode2, make sure that you are under DVD in the Start Smart of Nero. Tell it to open with Recode2. From Recode2 you can burn to your hard drive, to image recorder, or to your burner. The same guy that wrote DVD Shrink works for Nero and made the Recode2 for them.

3. Funkey

Funkey Member

I'm just wondering if that is what was wrong. I opened nero and it was set to cd/dvd and I had just burnt a cd yesterday? I have version 6.6 of nero. So I'm ripping another disk to try it again with.

Thanks

4. Funkey

Funkey Member

I just tried to burn again with dvdshrink and I got the error /nCannot Connect to TRF. This is in a burn error box from shrink.

5. syxguns

syxguns Active member

If you are running the Nero 6.6 then you need to make sure that in your settings are set correctly. Go to Edit-> Preferences and select the File I/O tab and make sure that "Enable burning with Nero" is checked.

When you select "Backup!" make sure that the following is correct.
    1) Target Device Select the burner drive for location, and select a temp file for your Shrink Files. You can also select ISO Image file and burn with DVD Decrypter.

2) Burn Settings Set the Volume Label and the burn speed. I suggest using a lower burn speed of 4x, especially if you are not using high quality media. I personally burn at 8x. If you are using +R media then make sure the box is checked that says "Book type DVD-ROM". You might also select "Burn at least 30mm (DVD+R/RW high compatibility mode)".

Hopefully that will fix your problem. Let me know if it works out.

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@Funkey

If you click on the link below you'll find out why and how to fix it.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/325848

7. Funkey

Funkey Member

john123 I found this also after a google search. Thanks for posting it. I had installed version 6.6.14 thats is the one that does not work. Found a newer version 6.6.16 installed it still did not work. So I'm off to find 6.6.0.18 and give it a try.

Thanks

8. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  9. Funkey

Funkey Member

Got it installed and it works ok.

Thanks for the help.

10. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

No problem, glad to see all is working again.

Happy burning:)