1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDStripper 0.3.0 Now Freeware

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by brian100, Feb 1, 2004.

1. brian100

brian100 Guest

This excellent tool is now freeware. DVDStripper alows for the removal of chosen "extras" on DVD's whilst keeping the existing menu structure. It's basically an automated front end for IFOEDIT. It is available on another, not so well known, forum. I am not sure if I am able to post the location here. I will wait for instruction from a moderator.

2. aspire180

aspire180 Regular member

Can DVD Stripper be used in conjunction with DVD Shrink?...If so, how?...For instance, if you wanted to strip a few extras (Not all necessarily) to decrease the MBs and thereby allow for better compression and unwanted extras while preserving the menus...Thanks

3. brian100

brian100 Guest

Yes..

Run DVDstripper to rip & modify the dvd contents.
    You can then open the modified dvd structure into DVD shrink using the "open files" method.

I have only been using stripper for a short time. It is, by far, one of the best tools I have used. it works a treat. It is so easy to remove unwanted "extras" while maintaining a working menu structure.

I am very surprised that there are not many more users out there.

4. bryan42

bryan42 Member

Thanks! DVDStripper looks quite useful.

5. brian100

brian100 Guest

Just a quick tip on this tool. Do not remove any menu items within stripper, or you will be asking for trouble.

6. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

Hi all, and thanks for the positive feedback brian :)

you can remove menu's with DVDStripper if you are fully aware of the consequences as some multilanguage or motion menu's also take up precious MB's

if you can't link to the not so well known forum (I'm sure it's got close to 60,000 members) then here is a link below

don't forget MenuModder so you can disable the buttons that have removed extras :)

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/3/3/3-3-31.shtml
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVDStripper and MenuModder
    www.DVDStripper.com[/small]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  7. brian100

brian100 Guest

Mackemx

The positive feedback is the least I can do. It;s good to see you here on this forum.

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

brian100,

If you read the forum rules -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

You would see we have zero (0) problems with freeware -

Links to PIRACY on the other hand will leave the doorhandle imprint on your backside :D)

Fire up a Hyperlink and feed the masses :)

Pete

9. brian100

brian100 Guest

Scubapete..use Mackemx's link..you should find it there with no problems.

10. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Where the hell u download dvd stripper.Every time i try I get sent to a forum page.On one of the pages it tells me download here ,but nothing their

11. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

12. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Thank u very much!!Now this pop's up when I try to exe.
    COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid

13. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

14. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Thank u VERY,VERY Much.That corrected the problem.I just want to play w/this program & see if their is any benefit w/this.I've taken out sectors/w DVDShrink,you've got Menus but it leaves long blanks.Might have just as well left them in

15. movie_777

movie_777 Member

Just wanted to put in a good word for DVD Stripper. It is the best program out there that allows you to keep your menu structure while removing the unwanted extras. I purchased it before it became freeware and I sure got my money's worth. I fiddled with many programs that claim to do what DVD Stripper does but some did not live up to expectation while others were incredibly complicated. DVD Stripper does it all automatically and seamlessly and best of all it works with DVD Shrink.

I never had the opportunity to thank you so Thank you MackemX for a great tool.

16. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

movie_777!! Well thanks again to all.What about the blank areas,when u cut out certain sectors.I know for a fact when u use DVDShrink to cut out a Preview,u end up with the same length but just blank.
    I'd like to keep the Memus for Widescreen or fullscreen.As my son likes Full,where as I like Wide

17. movie_777

movie_777 Member

Hi Rick,

Do not use DVD Shrink to remove previews because it will not work. At least it did not work for me when I tried it. You will get those blank areas like you mentioned. You don't get that with DVD Stripper. Give it a try.

18. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I posed a question on a thread about using DVDSTRIPPER with DVDSHRINK and was told that DVDSTRIPPER would not work using the output from DVDSHRINK. Is this true and if it isn't how do I go about making a DVD using the output from DVDSHRINK and DVDSTRIPPER. I should have read further it appears that my question has already been answered.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  19. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Wanted to try DVDStripper!!!But I can't get it to work ,I'm pretty sure I downloadeed everything I neened.It started up once then failed,w/this good looking broad wearing 2 Disc's,then it started up without the Disc's,now I get run time error 52.Bad file name or number
    Although she does have nice looking Breasts,I think I would rather have the program working

20. movie_777

movie_777 Member

rick5446,

Which version of DVD Stripper do you have? Is it 0.3? Also make sure you have DVD Decrypter and IFOedit v0.95 and then when you open DVDStripper make sure the paths point to the correct location of IFOEdit and DVD Decrypter in your computer.

Hope this helps.