1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDx and RAM setting

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by cdw, Oct 26, 2004.

1. cdw

cdw Guest

On my pc I recently added 2 laths of 128 Mb Rimm RAM (PC800) NON-ECC each. So I normally should now have a 512Mb (4x128Mb) RAM as also shown in configuration screen system. The SiSandra programme also indicates 512Mb. But I now am confronted with following problem :

Using the DVDx 2.3 programme I would like to convert a DVD in AVI-format. "Input Setting" under "Save your DVD drive" asks for input of a RAM-value. It is advised to input half of the total value which in my case would be 256Mb.
    But I can only input a maximun value of 128Mb ??? When I input 256Mb the programme won't work and displays following message :
    Cannot allocate memory for the temporary buffer.

Who can help me ? What freeware or trail version can I use to verify whether or not the 4 x 128Mb memory functions properly ?

Many thanks and best regards.

Chris

2. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey!

I came across a similar problem with another dvd conversion program. It may be that DVDx 3.2 is not detecting the new rimms. A simple uninstall/reinstall fixed the problem. If the Bios and Sandra say there is 512 RDRAM there is no reason to be skeptical.

512 RDRAM--WOW your system must FLY!!!!
    My sympathy on the Me.......LoL