1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdx copy express

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Magsw, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Magsw

Magsw Member

I have managed to back up several of my dvd films with this program so long as the film is under 120mins, if it is longer than 120mins,I cannot get the back end of the film. Most of my films are over 120mins and this is causing problems, I cannot seem to find a solution to this and would be grateful for any advise. If you can help then please mail me at unitgirlinid@hotmail.com
    Many thanks

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

OK, first, edit your message and take your email out before you get added to everybody's spam list.

Second, DVDxcopy issues should be addressed in the DVDxcopy forum: http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

Third, imho, stop using DVDxcopy. Use the following steps:
    DVDdecrypter
    DVD2one
    Stomp RecordNow.

70 DVD's and 0 coasters that way.

3. Magsw

Magsw Member

Ken
    I'm new to this site and don't realy know how to edit my email address from it........will you be kind enough to tell me how to do it.
    Thanks

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

On the left margin you'll see a link that says "edit message." Click on it and delete your email.

Spammers have tools that seach out public forums like this.

5. security

security Member

magsw i sent a message to you . dvd x copy is a great program . with some machines it needs adjusting (as in a car would slide the sear back) i can help you get it going i put i movie in my tray and 20 mins later it asks for a blank disc / 20 mins after that its done . no editing /authoring /lableing / filing just load disc then load blank (there are persoal pref setting if you wish)but its realy a one touch program

6. Magsw

Magsw Member

Thanks for that but I'm using dvdx copy express and your right, it is simple to use with just a few clicks.
    You get all the film on to one disk so long as that film is not over 120mins long. What I need to know is how do you get the whole of the film on one disk that maybe last for 130mins.

7. cheers

cheers Member

Use DVD Shrink. It's great - none of the problems you're talking about.

8. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

dvdxcopy Xpress rips/shrinks/burns movies automatically. It'll squeeze movies over 4.7g into one dvd with little degradation of quality.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    2X512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXCXpress v2.01 online
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 551035 Enterprise Ed[/small]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2003
  9. cheers

cheers Member

Magsw says he or she can't put a film over 120 minutes long onto one DVD-R. Well I'm saying that you don't have that problem with DVD Shrink (I haven't actually tried 'DVD X Copy Express' but I don't really need to. DVD Shrink will rip then compress the files to fit on one disc. It doesn't burn, but that's no problem - just use Nero).

10. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Cheers
    I actually avoid using dvdxcopy or the express version. I use smartripper or dvddecrypter/dvd2one/nero to burn cause I hate the warning at the beginning of the movies I back up with DXC.

Magsw
    Have you tried burning with different media/speed? Or switch burn drivers? I dont know but dxc xpress was designed to squeeze over 4.7g movies into one dvd.

cheezzzz

11. cheers

cheers Member

I like the extra stuff - making of..., etc. - and unless I'm doing it wrong, you can't keep these things with dvd2one, but with DVD Shrink you can. To keep the quality of the main movie high, you can use a higher rate of compression on the extras and a lower one on the main movie. Also, you don't need to use dvddecrypter or Smart Ripper - ripping is built into DVD Shrink.
    Anyway - this works well for me. Try it out if you haven't done so yet.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2003
  12. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Cheers, you are right and wrong.

Older versions of DVD2one did not let you fit in the entire disc. The new versions let you select "movie only" or "full disk" mode.

13. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I don't have a problem using Xpress regardless of the length of the movie - I burned Braveheart with it yesterday and that runs to 2 and quarter hours so don't know what all the fuss is about.

14. security

security Member

well when you say as long as the movie is less then 120 mins thats not true ive done movies 2.5 hours on express . no matter how long the movie is express will transcode it to fit on 1 disc (movies under 120 mins use almost no transcoding)if you have a disc over 120 mins and what to keep the extra scenes, directors notes, and other things, use dvdxcopy regular version and have the disc spilt in to two parts . the only movie i ever did that with was UNDERCOVER BROTHER beacuse the cartoons included were so funny. besides that you just want a crystal clear movie with good sound ...use express. ok i never used any thing but 321 products but just reading a post from a pinnacle user or dvd shrink user takes longer than using dvd x copy express. i love the one click operation . i enjoy everyones comments here and am glad we all agree to help each other no matter what our prefs are

15. drumgod

drumgod Member

I'm not sure why anyone would be having a problem backing up movies over 120 min., I've personally backed up many movies over that with DVDXCOPY Express.

16. whipit

whipit Member

I have the same problem with copying my BlackAdder dvds. 6 episodes per dvd usually totaling over 180 minutes. A minor coaster with only the first episode of the dvd burnt. Never received an error during the read or write process. And the read took 30 minutes. Looked in the folder after the read and found one vob file less than 1 gig. Hence one episode on a burnt dvd. Wasted that dvd._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation causes your worst fears to come true.[/small]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2003