1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDX Platinum wont burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dano28, Jun 4, 2004.

1. dano28

dano28 Guest

Last week I replaced my hard drive and reloaded my Platinum program. Re-registered ok. Now the program will write a movie to the hard drive but when I insert a blank when instructed, it just sits there. Oddly..the Rescue program will burn a new DVD but it's unuseable. This program and DVD drive (PLextor PX-708A) worked perfectly until I had to replace the hard drive...all other programs re-entered operate fine.

2. dorian45

dorian45 Guest

similar problem with DVDX Platinum . Had to set up new account on hard driveto solve registry problem . Then ha d to reregister with 321 and DVDX platinum which used to work no longer does . I attribute it to 321 responding to court orders . At least that is my opinion .

I've given up on 321 and am going other ways .

3. dano28

dano28 Guest

I was wondering about that. Perhaps during the registration process they cripple the program ? That suckie wuckies... software cost me $150 two months ago and now it's worthless ?

4. dorian45

dorian45 Guest

Tell me about it!!

I messed around longer than I wanted to try to get it to work . PC hung up ect. ect . Finally junked it . 321 has gone from 400 employees to 50 so I guess any refunds would be a reach .

5. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Thats bull I just used my Quick restore CDs and had to do my registration and password again it works fine for medon't know what is wrong with yours but 321 did not do anything why you did the registration.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  6. dorian45

dorian45 Guest

Well good for you !! I should have been so lucky !

I'm happy for you !

Wha I reported is NOT bull from my viewpoint .

7. dano28

dano28 Guest

I didn't do a restore when I re-populated my new hard drive. My old hard drive had a bunch of junk on it and I wanted to start fresh with a clean machine. I just saved the files that I needed. That could be the difference between your good experience and my bad one.

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

[bold]dano28[/bold]

Upgrade to version 4.0.3.8, which is the last ripper version, then update your aspi layer. ForceASPI is the easiest.

[bold]dorian45[/bold]

You probably just ran out of activations. You just have to call, don't bother with e-mail. Hours are 9-6 Central Time, Mon-Sat. Best time to call is when the call center opens.

9. dano28

dano28 Guest

Thanks flip. I'll try that and report back.

10. flip218

11. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

The first time I ever registered my platinum was after 321 lost the court case a few bugs but fine I have updated to 4.0.4.15 a lot of bugs but after a pattin-couffin up date ie was fine. I have changed my hd drive and have did 2 quick restore/full and all 3 make you do your password again. I don't think people should blame 321 they didn't change it on there own if your pissed at anyone you should be pissed at Paramount Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox Film. One more thing if you think 321 software is junk there is better software out there for free you should have been doing some research before you went and spent your $$$ if you didn't you have no one to blame but your self. I think everyone lives and learns about there first DVD burning software but that dose not mean people should thrash the software company if and when you have problems with it.Thank you I'm also glad my platinum is working I didn't think anyone cares. I'm sorry that is how I feal its a bunch of BS that 321 is doing some thing when people register or Re-register. Thats how I feel.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

12. flip218

xbadboy ... I love your passion!! And I do agree. I've never had a problem with my XCopy Platinum. I've not only bought Platinum I also bought DVDCloner2. The one thing I've learned, it's usually not the software ... its a small setting. You just have to figure out which one. Also you guys should do some research on other software, especially the free ones (DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter). Its always nice to have another way to backup.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

13. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Thanks. Those where the two I was talking about Shrink/decrypter nothing beats them. One thing I forgot in the post has anyone noticed that when ever anything goes wrong with burning a DVD its the DVD burning software its never the computer or the other software thats on it or even the user never those things it has to be the DVD burning software right.
    _

14. dorian45

dorian45 Guest

Thanks for all the insight you learned gentlemen have provided to me and others . I will certainly try the suggestions you have provided .
    I do feel that I must repectfully disagree with some of your outlooks on software providers . They release a bunch of crap far ahead of the time it is ready for the average user to use it .I symphathize with the fact that there is so much other junk on hard drives that conflict with programs that there is a bunch of problems .

15. flip218

This may be true, but look at it like this ... there is always room for improvement. That's why they let us upgrade for free :) Last, you've already bought the product, might as well get some use out of it. Like I said in a previous post, I bought 2 programs (Platinum & DVDCloner2), then I found DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Now I mostly use Shrink w/Decrypter, or DVD43 w/Nero Recode. Every so often I'll use Platinum and Cloner2, just so I get my moneys worth. Also it's nice to have other ways of backing up.

16. dano28

dano28 Guest

Well...yes we do tend to blame the software. But with Microsoft setting the standards for years it's like a knee jerk reaction. I'm sorry but if there are hardware settings and software conflicts involved a manual from 321 might have been a nice addition to the $150 package. I DID shop around for copy software and all the experts seemed to agree that DVDXCopy was the cat's meow. While we are at it, I might add that $150 is a lot of money to spend on such a teeny weeny program that take about 2 seconds to load on your hard drive...Yes, I expect it to perform flawlessly !

17. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Quiot)Well...yes we do tend to blame the software. But with Microsoft setting the standards for years it's like a knee jerk reaction. Thats what is wrong with the world today we compare everything even if one things has nothing to do with the other. How can you even compare dvdXcopy to Microsoft. You think Microsoft dose not have its own problems why do you think you have to do a critical update once a month if 321 had 20% of the money Microsoft has there would be nothing to bitch about. We can keep doing this all day if you would like to thats ok with me but this is not fixing your problem.. Why don't you call 321 I just called the this morning and was only on the hpone for 10 min or have you went to afterdawnxcopy central and looked around?
    _

Last edited: Jun 5, 2004
  18. dano28

dano28 Guest

Yep..I called them at 9:00 (St.Louis) and got an agent almost immediately. He had me check a few things on my computer, everything was correct. He informed me that my version was old and by court order 321 cannot download a newer version. He e-mailed me the directions for downloading the new ASPI layer, which I did and said to disable everything on my start menu which I did. Problem still exists..

19. flip218

dorian45,

What version are you running? And which aspi layer did you install? Was it v4.71.2? If so, I question how they had you install it. Also if it was 4.71, click local disk, then adaptec, then aspi. Click "aspichk" and get back to me which dll's are installed. There should only be 2 installed into XP. Now you cant get v4.0.4.15RF, which is the most current version, but you can get v4.0.3.8 which was the last ripper version. Go to http://www.filesearching.com and search dvdxcopy.

20. dorian45

dorian45 Guest

Flip 218
    Thanks for the input . I had installed ASPI 1.7 and your info mentioned "aspichk" which advised me that I had the wrong version . I found aspi 4.71.2 on the adaptec site, downloaded and installed . Followed their instructions for installation in XP and ran "aspichk" .dll files are winaspi.dll v.4.6 and
    winaspi32.dll v.4.71.2. I had removed DVDxcopy platinum after the hangups I had . However I have the original download for V.4.0.2.8, so I think I will try it again . Thanks again for the help . I ahve amuch better outlook today .