1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDx removing?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Arazor, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Arazor

Arazor Guest

I have installed the DVDx using the HarMii installer on 27. September 2009 su
    Now there is a new versions about the HackMii installer.
    Are there something guide how I can check my DVDx version?
    I like to remove my DVDx now, but I'm not sure what HackMii installer version I'm used, when I install it, so I so I do not dare to use the newest HackMii to remove it.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The new Hackmii installer should remove the old version before installing the new version when you run the DVDx installer.

You could also run into issues with previous homebrew applications that use DVDx. The Title ID has been changed on the new DVDx. So when the older application looks for DVDx they will not find the new version due to the Title ID is different.

You will need to wait till new versions of the applications are released that will look for the new Title ID of DVDx.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  3. Arazor

Arazor Guest

But I don't need the DVDx. So, I can install the newest DVDx using the HackMii and it's overwrite the old version, but did you mean, there is no way remove the newest DVDx using HackMii?
    I'm not very good on english and that's why I don't understand end of your sentence.

4. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Uninstall it using Hackmii. If you've managed to install it then you should be able to remove it just fine.

5. Arazor

Arazor Guest

But what HackMii version I need to us?
    The newest HackMii have different version DVDx than my Wii just now.
    So, I don't wanna brick anything.

6. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Use NandCLean. At first prompt, press A to delete DVDx. Press any button to refuse all other prompts.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Use the newest Hackmii installer. If you have DVDx installed it should give you an option to uninstall it (even if it is the old Title ID version).

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  8. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

larrylje,

Would this completely purge DVDx or will it leave logs or any traces on the NAND?