1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdx xpress

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by leo8013, Apr 29, 2003.

1. leo8013

leo8013 Guest

has anyone used this yet. is it any good.

2. yeopa

yeopa Member

I finally got it to work and copied The Transporter. Took about 40 mins.Just put the movie in your player and a blank DVD in burner and it does it automatically. Great program

3. Gator_71

Gator_71 Member

Hi guys. I got dvdxpress also. However I haven t had any success with it yet. When I put my original movie in to make a backup, it reads it very quickly. I understand thats because, thats all xpress does, it only copies the movie. Correct? Anyway, it gets all the way to 99.9% of the movie copied to move to the next step, which is inserting the blank dvd, and when it gets down to 1 second left, it just freezes up on me? I hav to hit control, alt., delete and get out of the program that way. it happened to me 3 times that way, and i just got disgusted with it. has this happened to anyone else? Any tips, i may be missing? Thanks

4. yeopa

yeopa Member

I tried several movies and have had VERY limited success. I put the movie in the DVD player and the blank disk in the burner and it asks if I want to burn automatic.
    I have had several movies lockup the computer and I have to reboot. I really would like to know if there is something I am missing?

5. ozy

ozy Regular member

I normally use dvdxcopy because you can keep all menus but if the movie requires two disks then I use dvdxcopy xpress. Have'nt had any problems as yet and have backed up about 4-5 films.

6. Nukid

Nukid Guest

TO OZY. I TO USE DVDXCOPY, GREAT PROGRAM, BUT TRIED XPRESS WITH LIMITED RESULTS. COPIED MATRIX, PREDATOR2 AS FIRST TESTS. NO PROBS, BUT SINCE THEN, I HAVE TRIED COUPLE OTHER FILMS. XMEN, THE BUNKER, ALL SORTS OF PROBS. XPRESS GEN ERRORS ALL TIME. HAVING SIMILAR PROBS AS OTHERS ON FORUM. TRIED REINSTALLING, SAME PROBS. AM I MISSING SOMETHING? COULD I HAVE A CORRUPT DOWNLOAD? ARE MY DRIVERS INSTALLED CORRECTLY? CANNOT GET TO BOTTOM OF IT, ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, FRUSTRATED NUKID.

7. ozy

ozy Regular member

Nukid, what system are you running? I have XP Professional,2.0 GHz processor with 80 GB hard drive, a Pioneer A-05 dvd burner with a seperate dvd-rom so I can burn on the fly. I'm not saying I won't run into problems but maybe the program is more suited to my set up. Who Knows!I will add to the thread if I experience failures.

8. Nukid

Nukid Guest

thanx for reply oz, i,m on athlon 1.8 gig, pioneer 105 burner, lg. dvdrom, only 40gig hard drive, but not cluttered up to much, do you think increase in hard drive would help? can,t understand why one minute copies work, next they don,t. very frustrating.copied matrix once, tried others, failed, tried matrix again for test, failed. weird huh. did predator 1, 2, no probs. maybe updated version may help. dunno. i,ll keep posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2003
  9. Nukid

Nukid Guest

mean,t to say windows 2000 system ozy.

10. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I added a 20 gig drive; just for DVD burning. That way when I'm done I can wipe the entire drive.

11. Nukid

Nukid Guest

thanx kenoo42, i,m gonna go that way to. may help.

12. ozy

ozy Regular member

I don't think the extra hard drive will fix the problem. What version of xpress are you currently using? I'm on v 2.0.

13. Nukid

Nukid Guest

hi ozy, i,m on same. ver.2.0. all my problems are in the reading of data. once read copies fine, just lottsa problems with failed reads. I,m using datawrite 2x dvd=r not had problems with these for backups.

14. ozy

ozy Regular member

I use either Stor Quest or Shintaro 1x speed writables.

15. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Nukid, could it be that the laser in your reader is dirty? I've read somewhere that this could be the culprit also.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Samsung CD-ROM SC-140C
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXC v1.52 online; v1.50 standby
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 551028 Enterprise Ed[/small]

Last edited: May 7, 2003
  16. Nukid

Nukid Guest

READ FROM LG.DVD ROM, AND PIONEER 105 WRITER, STILL SAME. JUST DOWNLOADED VERS 2.01 XPRESS, TRIED COPYING MY XMEN AGAIN, GUESS WHAT...? FAILED. BAFFLING.

17. ozy

ozy Regular member

nukid, well dude, thats got me stumped because I just downloaded the same version and still works fine. It might pay to visit dvdxcopy site and write your problems. They may be able to help.

Last edited: May 8, 2003
  18. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Why you all get DVD X Copy I will never know.

Smartripper (or DVD Decrypter)
    DVD2One (or DVD Shrink)
    Nero (or other burning app)
    works fine!! time & time again

But problems with this product should be put here http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

19. ozy

ozy Regular member

The reason is simple! stick the disc in and leave. The program does the rest without fail, for me anyway!