1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCOPY and protection on 2 disc movies

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Sammy22, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Sammy22

Sammy22 Guest

I have been able to use dvdxcopy without problems for many months. Now i created 2 disc copies of many of my recent purchased movies like independence day, true lies, clear and present danger, kill bill 2, total recall, tombstone, fight club, forrest gump, never say never again, the core, the abyss, desperado superbit, titan ae, enemy at the gates,cocoon, minority report,and spirited away and discovered that none will play in my denon dvd 1600 player. they will read on my computer but not my denon 1600. I was able to copy them and read them when i split them with reauthor on dvdshrink but want to be able to have menus on both discs.

any clues on how to get around this protection scheme? also, it appears that these discs are now using some kind of disney protecton scheme because they have a lot of title with continuation and with titles with almost no info on them.

Is there something wrong with my denon dvd 1600 and would upgrading to a newere player help? Any clues??? thanks

2. DietCoke

DietCoke Member

I had the same problem with Big Fish. Ripped using Decyptor, burned with Shrink. I replaced all the extras and previews with images, and it would not play on my Samsung (alot of disks don't play on that stupid machine). It would go to the Columbia Home Video Collection animation, then stop playing. Tried again with my Toshiba, and it worked fine. Also plays on my PC. Even better, I don't have to see all the previews they or FBI Warnings they force you to watch. I suggest trying it on a friend's player.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

4. DietCoke

DietCoke Member

I don't know if that has anything to do with it. My Samsung plays all my dvd-r's, but the reason it didn't play my copy of big fish is cuz the Samsung got confused when it didn't see anything to read as I had deftly replaced the previews and FBI warnings with images of my own choosing. I have a Samsung Nuon N501, and I would not recommend it to anyone. It wouldn't even play my Ext Version of Lord of the Rings FOTR!!! The retail copy!

5. Sammy22

Sammy22 Guest

discovered the problem. my system went down and i did a complete reinstall. I had my dvdxcopy set to use the gearworks burn engine prior to the reinstall, but when i reinstalled dvdxcopy it was changed to burn with nero. this is why only some of my dvdxcopy copies would not work but others would because i have another computer that i use to burn dvds and this computer had not changed from the gearworks burn engine. now let me say that i have no problems burning dvds with nero with dvdshrink only when it is used in burning dvdxcopy discs. thanks for all the help and hopefully this will help others as well.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Huh?? This is new to me ... can you explain a bit more. How to change it to use the Nero or gearworks burn engine?

I'm able to successfully backup using:
    XCopy Platinum RF
    Nero 6
    DVD Decrypter
    CloneDVD2

7. Sammy22

Sammy22 Guest

simply go into advanced options and change the burn engine to either gearworks or nero. you would think that nero would be fine, but with my denon dvd 1600 player it cannot read discs that are made with dvdxcopy and nero burn engine, but it can read when the gearworks engine is selected. dont really know what gearworks is doing differently but i have no problems using nero with dvd shrink. thanks