1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDxCopy causing lost HD Space?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Oner, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Sorry that this thread is not at the DVDxCopy forum, but I could not post there becuase the policy is you have to wait 2 days after registering! Anyway here's the problem, New 80 gig HD (specifically upgraded to use this program as my old one was to small) with XP Pro, Partitioned 20/60. After the first half process of the backup completed I inserted media and chose Nero to burn, but media failed at 2x.
    No big deal. Execpt now I have about 3.7 gigs lost on partition (exact same size of the file). To be more specific, the 60 gig partition has 1.65 used for some app saves in a specific folder but when I click on the partition properties (under explorer) to see space left it's at 54.65 (60-1.65= 58.35, 58.35-3.7= 54.65). So DVDxCopy has not released or deleted failed backup info.
    Am I going to have to format the partition (Not a problem just a pain) to retrieve lost file space or is there anything else I can do? Thanx for any info/help and sorry for the longwinded post.

2. alaskanw

alaskanw Guest

just find the temp directory for your dvdxcopy dvd output and delete the temp files