1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdxcopy express is reading ok but burning in about 10-20 secs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by markydoos, Feb 20, 2004.

1. markydoos

markydoos Member

Hi can anyone tell me why my 321 studios is reading ok but when I insert the blank dvd-r it burns in about 20 secs , hense there is nothing burnt on the dvd and also it is unusable again .

Please help
    Thanks
    Mark

2. ghd

ghd Guest

I had the same problem. Apparently, packet writing software can adversely affect DVD X Press (and also DVD2one).
    Packet writing software is the software that permits you to transfer files to a CD or DVD using Windows Explorer. In Roxio (Easy CD Creator) the packet writing software is called Direct CD; in B's Gold it's called B's Clip. Virtually all burning software has a direct packet module.
    I uninstalled mine and the copying software now burns perfectly.

3. markydoos

markydoos Member

Hi there , can you explain to me how to do this ???? i have lost 19 dvd r`s now and im getting fed up with throwing money away !!

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

ghd is correct about packet writing software - also HP's DLA, Ahead's (Nero's) InCD and Norton's anitvirus etc.

Head down to this site for some of the main culprits -

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/49908

"P"

markydoos,

I have no idea what you want to do - if you want to backup your DVD's lQQk at the top of the page for guides - reading is fundamental :))

I would have thought you'd have used some RW media, wasting all those discs was your choice -

"P"

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Packet writing software is a nightmare. Go to your Add New/Delete Programs and remove it