1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdxcopy express reading problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cheerie, Jun 22, 2004.

1. cheerie

cheerie Member

hello.
    im having a problem backing up my buffy series 5 dvd, for some odd reason dvdxcopy wond read the disc, it gets to about 11 seconds and the program feezes. its the first one thats ever gone wrong and i was wondering if anyone could help me?

would it be a probelm with the softwear or the disc? if downloaded it to my harddrive but it still freezes when its reading it from there! im stumped, please help.
    thanx
    stacey

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Hello cheerie(Stacey),

Have you tried giving the source disc a good cleaning?

3. cheerie

cheerie Member

yep, that was the first thing i did, it dodnt help :(
    it plays ok on my pc and dvd player

4. flip218

cheerie,

What version of express are you using? Have you added any new software? Are you able to back up other movies?

5. cheerie

cheerie Member

im using dvd xcopy express rf with dvd43.
    no new softwear and yes other dvds read fine,

6. flip218

What version? And if your able to do other dvd's its probably the disk. Does it give you a crc error? Have you tried other programs like DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter?

7. FrankinWA

FrankinWA Member

After reinstalling my OS (Win XP Pro) and DVD X Copy Xpress, I encountered a reading problem with a couple of non copy-protected discs (copy protected discs were read OK.) However, I could copy the non protected discs using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. That worked, but DVD X copy would not.

Before the reinstallation, I recall it worked with all discs. I have DVD X Copy Xpress ver 3.2.1. I thought perhaps there had been an update I had installed as a matter of course, but which is no longer available and that I had forgotten about. Is that true?

8. flip218

9. FrankinWA

FrankinWA Member

Thanks for the link to DVD XCopy v 3.2.3. Should I uninstall v 3.2.1 before installing the newer version or is it safe to install 3.2.3 over 3.2.1?

On another note, when I clicked on the link to ver 3.2.3 (and a few other links as well) up comes a totally different web page, one from Fastclick showing a ridiculous ad and nothing else. It even changed the URL in the original link to direct me to their website! Alarmed, I did a virus scan and ran Spybot and AdAware. They showed nothing.
    I was able to get to where I wanted to go by a copy and paste of the URL. I'm a newbie; is this common? Any way to protect from this hijacking?

Thanks

10. flip218

The link is good. When you get fastclicks add ... click skip in the upper right hand corner.

Also you should be able to just install that version over the old version.

11. FrankinWA

FrankinWA Member

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

You folks seem to know a lot about what is going on, so might I ask another question? How can one get rid of the animation in those little ads that appear all over the place, even on geek websites. The last one I visited had 6 ads going like mad all simultaneously, enough to cause a siezure in some folks at least. In my case, I found it impossible to read the material I was after so I gave up.

I tried disabling "animation" and "videos" in Internet Options > advanced, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks.

12. flip218

The only pop up adds are the one I get when I visit A/D. (fastclick ads) ... all other I guess are blocked by my firewall. I have Norton and it's got ad blocker.

13. ispy

ispy Regular member

flip218
    Thanks for your help the other day,easy to install/run results are perfect,regarding the popup-banner ad thing if you have Norton Internet Security installed do you have a button marked web assistant in toolbar? Click on that open Ad trashcan,follow instructions.
    Sorry for posting on this thread i,ve gone off at a tangent.So guys please no more posts following my bad example here. Apologies all round
    ispy

14. flip218

ispy,

glad I could help. Also I don't have a problem with pop up ads(except here on A/D, and only with fastclick ads... and I don't mind em). I don't have internet security, I use Norton System Works and Personal Firewall, and I believe my firewall has an ad blocker.