1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvdXcopy fails 100% of the time

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cntryboy, Aug 4, 2003.

1. cntryboy

cntryboy Member

I am using DvdXcopy and 105 burner. I have updated the scsi drivers and on every single disk i use with DvdXcopy i get the "Scsi fatal error low bytes" is it just my computer is screwed up. I'm about ready to sell my burner that is only 1 week old if i can't burn 1 disk successfully with no errors. What is my next step? Plz help.

2. alza

alza Member

It happens when using 4x speed media, the fatal error comes in first two minutes due to low speed od transfered data.
    You should update your burner firmware, it helped me with my teac burner and this software.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

4. cntryboy

cntryboy Member

I forgot to say that I am using the 105 in a ME-320 series ext. USB case if it makes a difference.

5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Are you using a USB 1.1 or 2.0 port on your computer?

6. Kilroy

Kilroy Guest

I am having the same problem, well, kind of...not 100% of the time, as it backed up my Joe Dirt DVD fine, but with EVERY other disc I'm trying to backup, it pops up within seconds "bad read" or "sector error" or something like that, it just won't read any of my dvds...however, I've backed up several of my PS2 games with Nero no problem, so I KNOW my Pioneer DVR-105 is reading the discs...

7. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

OK, Kilroy, I'll ask you the same question: USB 1.1 or 2.0?

8. cntryboy

cntryboy Member

I am using usb 2.0 but I believe the Me-320 ext. case just does not work well with dvd burners. I ended up taking the 105 burner out of case and swapped it with my cd-r burner in computer case and I just used DVD Shrink and nero and it worked beautiful. I will go back to trying DvdXcopy again and see if it works good now that I swapped these out.

9. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Sounds good.

Last time we had somebody with the external USB connection it was a 1.1 vs. 2.0 issue.

I sold my CD-R drive because I don't need it now.

10. Kilroy

Kilroy Guest

Well, my burner is an internal burner, not external, if that helps you out...