1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDxCOPY HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by x3694x, Aug 18, 2004.

1. x3694x

x3694x Member

I believe the version I have is the newest one, (the box has a picture of Finding Nemo on the back) and I'm experiencing some extreme difficulties. The program itself functions correctly, as well as the first step in which the target DVD is being copied. Upon inserting a blank DVD, after about 5 seconds of 'writing' the finalizing begins and takes approximately 20 - 25 minutes to inform me of an error. I have searched for days for a solution but have been unable to fix this problem. It also tells me to check a log, a file which I am also having difficulty locating.
    I contacted the retailer who sold me this program and had them replace it with an exact copy, thinking it was a software problem, I was wrong.

If anyone could help me with this it would be extrememly appreciated.

System currently running:
    Windows WP Home Edition (100% updated)
    Norton Systemwork (100% Updated)
    160 GB
    512 MB of RAM
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

2. x3694x

x3694x Member

Error in the previous post:
    Operating System is Windows XP

3. Phys

Phys Member

When i first bought my DVD burner (LiteOn SHOW 812S), i was using DVD X Copy.. but i could only burn on DVD±RW discs. But when i tryed with DVD±R i was always getting errors and 0 succesful discs..

An other thing i don't like about DVDX Copy.. when you succesfully backup a movie, it add a screen that says " This is a back up... etc.". There's a way to remove that if you have DVDXCOpy RF, but i don't, never tryed.

Anyhow..
    Then i tryed burning with DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and everything's fine, no more errors and no "back up screen" haha! =) I backed up about 35 of my movies and i had 100% success. Download both of these programs (both are free) and try again. Shrink will only encode and analyse the disc, Decrypter will burn it.

Can you tell me what burner you are using please?

4. x3694x

x3694x Member

The DVD burner I'm using is the factory default for the computer I bought, Via device manager, the CD/DVD+-R/RW is:

HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082B

Last night after posting the message I decided to completely whipe out my computer and try installing DVDXCOPY as my first objective. Luckily I checked back here and found your reply. I haven't installed them yet but upon reading other reviews, I believe you saved me from quite a few more headaches, thank you.

5. ispy

ispy Regular member

Phys,
    With DVDXcopy RF and Platinum RF there is no Warning screen anyway,to remove it on the version you have you need a small free program called 321Gone produced by PsiDoc,another great programme by him is 321rip which puts the ripper back into the RF versions,therefore giving you a product with no nag screen about rental DVD,s,no warning screen and browse button enabled.
    ispy

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there x3694x, Welcome to aD

To answer your question about the premature finalizing or your discs -

It sounds like crappy media.
    I recommend RiData, Ritek G04's OR Verbatim DataLife.

Theses discs can be had online or if you’re in the states, Sam’s Discount for between $.45 ea to about $.65 ea (USD). The quality is excellent and consistently dependable.

Using a good quality, media is the key to good DVD copying.

There are also other factors to be considered but a good quality media is the first step.

To rid yourself of the splash screen, as you were told use 321 GONE -

Here is where you get it -

http://psidoc0.tripod.com/

Use your DVD XCopy as usual but don't insert a blank disc. When the time comes to insert one, run 321GONE, then insert your disc. When your copy is finished - there will be no screen.

cheers,

"P"

7. ispy

ispy Regular member

Pete
    Thanks for putting the link in,it was late at night and I was trying to stay awake! I just forgot.Cheers.
    ispy

8. Phys

Phys Member

Yeah i know ispy, there is no screen with the RF version. But with the "normal" version let's say, there's the boot screen that says " this is a backup of the original etc..."

I didn't know about that program "321gone" i tryed and works well. Thanks

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Posting your error log would help.

you'll find it here:
    local disk -> program files -> 321Studios folder -> XCopy folder -> logs ... the most recent log will be the first one.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Phys and everyone,
    PsiDOC created a patch which is a permanent fix for XCopy to remove the nag screens and the annoying backup screen from the ripper version. You can find the site (with the downloads necessary to upgrade the ripper programs or get the ripper working in the RF) by following this link: http://321ripforum.tripod.com/

11. socon

socon Guest

I belive your norton is affecting it i am a very good programer and it just might be the problem!!