1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCOPy Platinum doesn't recognize

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by derryl, Jan 12, 2004.

1. derryl

derryl Member

DVDXCOPY platinum doesn't recognize my LG GSA-4040B A302. It says to run drive selector and to choose drive from pull down list but list is empty? Any ideas?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you only have 1 burner drive, the list will be empty. Select the blank space and see if it works. Seems I read that somewhere about X copy software. If not check the X copy forum, but I think that will work.
    Jerry

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

4. derryl

derryl Member

Nope won't allow to check the blank area. I've uninstalled and reinstalled program but still no go. DVD Decrypter recognizes the DVD burner but not DVDXCOPY Platinum. What gives?

5. wendyk

wendyk Guest

I'm having the same problem with newly installed DVDXCOPY Gold version. I can play a DVD from the new drive, and when I install DVDXCOPY it asks for and displays the drive letter, but when it tried to burn it can't find it.

6. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

when i had dvd xcopy plat(dont now cuz it sucks), it didn't recognize my burner either, until they came out with an update to support my burner. so how new is your burner? that might be the prob. cuz as newer burners come out they have to support them with their software.

7. wendyk

wendyk Guest

Burner is brand new to me, don't know how ling it's been on the market. Brand is I/O MAGIC, box has a 2003 copyright mark on it. Says it supports all formats

8. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

alright. umm...what version is your XCopy Plat? If its the newest your gonna have to probably go ask their support team.

9. wendyk

wendyk Guest

I actually don't have Platinum, I have Gold (I couldn't find a thread for that). It's 3.0.2. I finally got it to recognize my burner drive! Now it gets almost to the end of the burn and says:

Cannot finish disc writing or perform disc fixation.
    Illegal request reported by DVD recorder.
    Driver error code = 02052400h.
    The disc is not successfully recorded.

Followed by:
    321Studios DVDXCopy: Burn failed!
    ---------------------------
    Illegal SCSI command request reported by CD recorder

Makes me wonder if I installed something wrong (but it plays DVDs fine) or am missing a driver (though it says no more are required)