1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCOPY PLATINUM HELP

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Cramundu, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Cramundu

Cramundu Member

I have a Dell computer, it is a year old, I have Windows XP. I just bought DvdXCopy Platinum, when I start it up, it asks me to insert the movie, I do and it starts reading the dvd, but then it asks me to insert the blank dvd, I am using TDK DVD-R 8X 4.7GB Blank Discs. The problem is once I insert it into the drive, it never recognizes that I inserted the disc and it won't allow me to start the copying process. Can someone please help. Thanks.

2. fugazi73

fugazi73 Member

yeah, use DVDShrink and DVD Decrypter instead .. both are free and better than xcopy .. and, can be found on aD ..

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Last time I checked Dell uses +R drives ... you need +R media. You could verify this by checking the model of your burner.

Also, [/b]All XCopy questions are to be posted here: http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com[/b]

4. Cramundu

Cramundu Member

I am new to all this dvd burning stuff, so I actually went to Best Buy and asked the Geek Squad guy which kind of blank disc to use, and he told me (+) won't work but (+/-) and (-) will. I figured he of all people should have known. But thanks for your help.

5. fugazi73

fugazi73 Member

Geek Squad .. lol .. nice .. btw, you can check your drive on this site too .. Has a lot of good info ...

http://www.videohelp.com/

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Shows how much they know ... there is no such media as +/- media. It's either +R(RW) or -R(RW).

a +R(RW) drive (which is usually what Dell put's in their pc's) can burn +R and +RW media ... but can read all formats.

a -R(RW) drive can only burn -R and -RW media, and will also read all formats.

a +/-R(RW) or dual format burner will read and burn both formats.

7. Cramundu

Cramundu Member

Thanks for the help, I will go buy some new blank discs and if that does not work I am sure you will hear from me again. Thanks again.

8. Cramundu

Cramundu Member

Just wanted to let you know that I went and bought the (+) blank dvds and now it works. So thanks for all your help.