1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy RF to RI (Ripper Included)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, May 22, 2004.

1. brobear

brobear Guest

Pete, I took a look at the 321 Gone fix and it says for XCopy Xpress only and with the XP operating system (work in progress). Wouldn't it be easier to just get the upgrade RF version and run the fix on it. That way you never have to worry about fixes or running an extra program every time you burn a movie and the Backup screen would be gone. Both versions of Platinum can exist on the computer if he wants to keep the old one.

I replaced the bouducon.dll file in my RF version and I like it better than the older version. It's a full function item like the old one minus the annoyance of the question screen and the Backup disclaimer recorded to the movies. Also, the RF version has updated controls as compared to he pre-RF version. You probably already know this, so it might help the Newbies make a better informed decision. PsiDoc, ScubaPete, and XbadBoy2 rule on this thread.

Kudos to the King.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2004
  2. jim1812

jim1812 Member

Again, thanks to 'all' who responded. it is appreciated.
    ScubaPete: thanks for the info re 321Gone. I have the program but get the same results as with 321Rip. Perhaps I should do what BroBear suggests and get the RF version and run both at the same time.
    Back to the question at hand (altho it may be a moot query if (when?) I get the RF program: still cant figger out what I am doing wrong with "either" 321Rip or 321Gone when burning a movie with the Platinum Express version. I "think" I follow insts pretty good ... hell with 30 yrs in the Navy of 'following instructions' I should know how to do it! lol ... but still get a 'this is a dvd backup' when i burn. Obviously I am doing something wrong. Any more suggestions? Thanks again guys.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

lol jim1812
    Once more. The 321 rip fix will do absolutely nothing with the older versions of Platinum DVDXCopy, your version 4.0.3.8 included. Now read closely. It will only fix the RF version. Now read this, the 321 gone fix is for XCopy Xpress only and limited to the XP operating system only. It states in the file accompanying the fix that it is a limited Beta still in the development stage. You have Platinum, so 321 gone is not for your program. It might work if you go through simple and run the XCopy Xpress option. But why would you want to do all that when the RF conversion with 321 rip will get everything working right on a permanent basis?

If you want a full function working version of Platinum(without the annoying Backup warning and question screen), all you have to do is download the RF version and run the 321 rip fix. That will make it a full function program with a ripper. Read closely again. The RF version does not, I say, does not have the Backup warning nor does it have the question screen that asks 'is this a borrowed or rented movie?'. Can't get much plainer than that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2004
  4. jim1812

jim1812 Member

BroBear:
    duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! lol.
    Simplicity pops up its ugly head once again!!! roflmao.
    I appreciate you 'leading me down the primrose path' ... i'll take your advice (again) and get the dvd ripper free pgm.
    thanks again for putting up with not only my dumba** questions but everyone elses!
    again, thanks
    jim

5. brobear

brobear Guest

jim1812,
    You're stealing my thunder, the dry humor is supposed to be my forte'. Did I discern a veiled thank you in there somewhere? Happy burning and let us know what happens. I did a manual swap with the bouducon.dll files before the fix came out. xbadboy2 told me which file to swap, so credit goes to him on that one. So I know what the fix is actually doing or supposed to do.

6. jim1812

jim1812 Member

BroBear: damn i must be getting older than i thot!!! my 'thank you' was supposed to totally hidden vice 'veiled'. will keep you (and the others) how it comes out. again, for your assistance... mumble mumble mumble mumble! jim

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Getting away from the subject, they call the affliction 'old timers'.

8. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

I just found out that in order to get the RF version, you have to call Studio 321 to get a new License ID and Password. Does it mean that I will lose activation right on the Non RF version?

9. brobear

brobear Guest

You're right. They ,321, do have the download from the customer page turned off.

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yea Guys, way to go -

The 321 Gone was just something to throw in - the file’s way just can’t be beat -

Don't get stupid now people,

Don't go posting this "Fix" all over the place,

Sure as Hell, someone will drop it in the authorities lap then there will be a ruckus -

Help the people who ask for it -

DO NOT POST IT ON A BULLETIN BOARD -

Let’s keep it safe as long as we can -

Pete

11. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Hey everybody. Just a heads up about getting a new license for Platinum. Just as long as you bought a legal copy, you will always be able to get activations. If you notice they are not asking us to buy a new license. If 321 ever gets back to putting ripper versions out, I'm sure they'll let you use your old license or will issue another. With purchase of 321 software your entitled to lifetime upgrades and activation. At least that is what I understand.

12. jeremybme

jeremybme Member

so basically you just call and they give you a new id?

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I answered your other post. from what I understand 321 will issue a RF license number and you can get the download from them.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  14. nsun38

nsun38 Member

Hey guys,

I'm still muffed by the 321 products. S0 I bought A DVDXcopy 1.5.2 version with ripper last September.
    It is not a platinum version.

So what is the solution to get rid of the annoying 321 disclaimer? Should I download your dll? or there are other means?

(Also, as you know, 321 kept "remodulating" their shield. One has to pay for evferything...e.g. rf version of the same product one purchased....and even the "check update" page is changed. I have to dug through my own message to find out my product version.)

Thanks for your help.

15. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Ok to everyone the bounducon.dll is only to put the ripper back in you only need to do this if you have a RF venison bounducon.dll dose not take out the back up screen. If you do not want the back up screen go to platinum RF 4.0.4.15 or download 321gone works with Xpress and some others do a search these are your choices or don't use them at all and use shrink/decrypter. just slow down. Ok for everyone if you do not want the back up screen do a search for 321gone the search is at the top of the page. If you have RF and only if you have RF you need to do a search for 321rip. Thank You
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: May 27, 2004
  16. lehigh84

lehigh84 Guest

321studios has shut off the downloads. does anyone know where to get the latest RF version 4.0.4.15? i have a valid license, i just need the software.

17. brobear

brobear Guest

From 321 Studios. If you are a licensed buyer, you call 321 tech support for a new license and then you can download the RF. I wish people would search the threads or read the paperwork with the retail software. Most of the stuff is guaranteed and has support.

18. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Edited 1st post with FAQ's just to clear up some misconceptions.

1: Will this patch work on the non Ripper Free (RF) version and remove the Oh so bloody annoying "DVD Backup" Screen??
    Answer: NO! This patch is designed to Re-Enable the ripper in the RF version, which does not have the "DVD Backup" screen. Use 321Gone! for all non RF versions of XCopy Xpress, or (If you can) Upgrade to the RF and patch using 321RIP!

2: Does 321RIP! work on the Platinum and DVD Xtreme RF version??
    Answer: Yes 321RIP works on ALL RF versions to date.

3: Can I remove the Ripper after patching??
    Answer: Yes. a backup of the file is made before patching. Simply delete the bouducon.dll file and rename the bouducon.bak file to bouducon.dll (Although god knows why you'd want to do that!).

Thank you all for your kind words.
    Remember if you know someone that may need this, please pass it on, just keep it free.
    Happy ripping!!
    Regards,
    Psi

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Duron 1800 Applebred @ 2400 Mhz (200 FSB x 12)
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Nvidia N-Force 2
    2 x 256 MB 3200 DDR
    2 x WD 40 GB
    Pioneer DVR106D 1.07 RPC1 with 12x rip firmware
    All the usual toys and trimmings to go with the above![/small]

Last edited: May 27, 2004
  19. brobear

brobear Guest

I bet you still have people ask how and why, even though you simplified it to the point a monkey should understand. More square pegs and round holes.

20. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

brobear,
    I know, now just refer them to the first page ;) It's easier.
    Regards,
    Psi