1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy RF to RI (Ripper Included)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, May 22, 2004.

1. jim1812

jim1812 Member

BroBear (AKA Ol' Bluegrass):

first of all, it works! of course i had to reinstall an earlier edition of dvdxcopy gold (and not being a complete idiot (i.e. a jarhead) i left the platinum edition alone!) so thanks again for all the help to this newbie. it's nice to be able to remove that annoying 'backup' statement!
    no i haven't tried the RF version yet ... am planing of calling 321 and see if i can get a download under my old license (etc.) and try 321Rip.
    again, thanks to ALL who gave me help/advice. it is appreciated very much. ~~Jim

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Jim here is something that 321 told me. You can have both versions of Platinum on your computer. When you open the Platinum RF to load on the computer, it will go into the Programs folder. Inside Programs with everything else you have the folder for the Platinum Program. When you load the Platinum RF it will create a Platinum RF folder. So, you will have the old folder Platinum for your older version of the program and Platinum RF for the new RF files. The programs stay separate and you have separate icons on the Desktop screen for each program. With that setup, I would suggest you try the patch that everyone is talking about. PsiDoc is one of the resident experts on the RF issue and I can run you through what actually is happening if you are that curious.

[bold]You know I had to do it different though. Just think - Mountain-Williams with souped up computers down south of the Ol'Bluegrass.[/bold]

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Jim
    Did you know that you can go into the program file, open up the Platinum folder. Find the big green and black icon (green X on black rectangle). Right click on the icon, scroll to Send To and click on Desktop (Create Shortcut). You now have a shortcut on the desktop when clicked will take you directly into the Xpress program without going through the console. Just think of the possibilities. The RF comes up with no questions at all and leaves no Backup warnings. With AnyDVD running, you couldn't have an easier one button recorder, unless I let you in on another seldom told story until of late.

4. lehigh84

lehigh84 Guest

Before I posted, I read this entire thread and called 321 support. This is their latest policy: You can use your current non-RF license for RF activation (no special RF licese is necessary). However, they are "moving their servers around" and the RF download is unavailable. I would love to believe them, but in light of their legal predicament and the sudden release of an RF hack, it would be in their interest to halt distruibution of the RF version. I hope this isn't the case, that is why I'm scrambling to get an RF version downloaded and activated.

5. jeremybme

jeremybme Member

I have both versions the RF and the original... If 321 ever goes out of business and my computer crashes i wonder if ill ever be able to reactivate either of my copies?

question to ponder.

-Jeremy

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

A/D member 321sucker has spoken of a backdoor. For now 321sucker will not say how since you are still able to call 321 studios.

7. silimtao

silimtao Member

jeremy- here's something else to ponder. Even if 321 stays in business, you only have...I think a total of 5 activations per license. I logged into 321, trying to hunt down a RF version, found the area for my personal info, and saw a notice that I have "3 activiations left"! Man, even MS isn't as hardassed about reactivation. If you're a constant upgrader like me, guess I'll be crap outta luck in the near future. Don't know what hardware/info they scan, but as long as you install the prog onto the same system, you don't have to activate again as long as you're connected to the 'net. I had to call 321 for 2 reactivations when I changed motherboards in 1 month, so I'm down to 3. I think that sucks big time. I'll never spend money on 321 software again.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Sil[/small]

Last edited: May 27, 2004
  8. brobear

brobear Guest

There we go again...condemning before we know the facts. As tech told me, once the activation number runs out, call and they will add additional. They gave me a story as to why, but you can bet your booties it is a method set up to keep you from giving the program to all of your buddies. For those that don't know, 321 programs have a call home feature built in. When you're on the net, it automaticly connects. I bet a guy could get his license to backup revoked by cyberspace. Now how's that for speculation.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Gossip seems to be running rampant about 321. They do stand behind their products (or have with me so far) and the best thing to do is call support before speculating.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2004
  10. silimtao

silimtao Member

brobear- if you're referring to my post, I wasn't condenmging before the facts; I spoke to 321 tech yesterday and asked 2 things: where can I get the RF version (or ANY version DVD Xcopy Gold that I have) in the event I lose the upgrade file (NOWHERE), and am I really locked into 3 more activations. He said "probably". I don't find that very encouraging.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

silimtao,

In response to your question, yes and also to others. Your statement about what 321 told you was exactly the opposite of what they told me. I don't dispute your word. They may have changed their policy or the tech may not have all the info from legal. You spoke to them since I did. They are still hurting from court. Part of the rumor goes that they are afraid of repercussions of copying, yet their new software does the same. A person can run AnyDVD in the background (it's a ripper) and copy movie files using the 321 software. A legal process so far using legally obtained software. As of date, I have seen nothing outlawing AnyDVD and the new 321 software.

The company guaranteed the software and sold it with guaranteed tech support. So, if they break the agreement, you have legal rights, like a refund of your money or replacement software.

I am glad I have all my versions backed up on disc and know where my activation codes are.

12. jeremybme

jeremybme Member

i also ran out of activiations cause my computer is very unstable. Anyways, they did give me 4 more activations.

13. newguy2

newguy2 Guest

Does anyone have a copy of the latest RF version Platinum 4.0.4.15? I have a valid license, i just need the software. Also I have v4.0.3.8 available if someone needs a copy.

14. lehigh84

lehigh84 Guest

call tech support. they will authorize you for the rf version and provide you a download link.

15. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Apparently 321Studios are moving their servers to Canada, so you will be able to upgrade when they get set up in their new home. Should not be long.
    Regards,
    Psi

16. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I have a question about the RF Version of DVD XCopy Platinum, with the ripper fix. I do have the RF Version as well as the ripper version. Using the RF Version (with the ripper fix), is the quality of the movie you get as good as the quality when using DVD Shrink/Nero combination?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Bruce Wallace
    Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

3.06 Ghz Intel P4 CPU
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
    1Gig Corsair 3200 LLPro DDR Ram
    Plextor PX 708A DVD Burner
    Sony CRX320E DVD 16x + CD-RW 52x24x52 Combo
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro Video Card
    Audigy2 Platinum[/small]

Last edited: May 31, 2004
  17. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

GrandpaBW, or may I call you Bruce?
    There is no difference in quality between the the last non RF version and the latest RF version with the ripper enabled patch this is also comparable to DVDShrink / Nero. All I am trying to do is give you back the software that you paid for with your hard earned cash to do a job that the "powers that be" have decreed is not allowed.
    In brief: you should get the same results with all the software you mention, EXCEPT for the non RF version will give you the annoying "DVD Backup" screen.
    May I also say RE: you signature, as a 'Nam vet, you have my utmost respects sir.
    Regards,
    PsiDOC
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PsiDOC.... Poking the DMCA with a stick, then running away![/small]

Last edited: May 31, 2004
  18. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Thanks for the information, PsiDOC. I just tested ripping and burning with the "fixed" RF version, and it make a great copy. I like Shrink and Nero, but just wanted to test another way to achieve the same end.

Thanks for your kind words on the signature.

19. brobear

brobear Guest

GrandpaBW
    As a long time owner of Platinum, I know a little about the program. I've also used shrink for a long time. One advantage, and the only one I know, that Platinum has is the ability to copy the movie only and leave in the menu function and scene selections. With Shrink in reauthor, the menu is only recorded as icons (stills). Platinum will let you split a big movie onto two discs. Other than that Shrink Is a lot more functional.

And once a disk is recorded you can even stick the recorded disk back in and let the shrink scan it. If it says the movie is recordable, you usually have a good recording. Just a quick check one sometimes can use. I only mentioned it because that use isn't in the guide. With the Platinum I've found it is a good idea to record the movie only with large movies. For some reason express, which automaticly edits, or runs full disc just isn't good for big stuff.

20. struby

struby Guest

I have DVD Extreme, and I downloaded the patch and extrated into the xpressRf folder and double clicked the 321 rip, it asks do you want to enable the ripper and I click okay amd it says unable to find file to patch. There is no DVDxcopyRf folder in DVD extreme only expressrf. So can you please help in dummy form in how to make this work properly. HELP!!!