1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy RF to RI (Ripper Included)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, May 22, 2004.

1. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

Why people keep asking the question" where can I get the RF version"? If you are a legal owner of the platinum, you can call Studios 321 and activate you account, so that you can download the RF version from their server, or if they still have some CD left, you can get it for $8.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

IQ_ZERO,

I was able to get my new RF license June 17th, I'm able to download and install RF.... But there are alot of people who do have a legal copy and can't get their info updated. Check the dvdxcopy forum. It might be 321studios is just soooo swammped with requests, but again alot of customer can't get the new RF license. They've tried via e-mail and calling.

3. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Ok About 6 months ago I got dvdXcopy Platinum verison 3.2.1. When 4.0.4.15 RF came out I ordered the CD for $8 and was told by 321 Studios to use my ID and password that come with verison 3.2.1. I just put in a new hard drive so I had to use my password for 4.0.4.15 still works with the ID and password from verison 3.2.1. Have you people even tryed to use your old password and ID??? Once again I was never given a new password. 321 Studios told me to use my old password that came with verison 3.2.1 and it has worked every time I have had to register it 4 times with just 4.0.4.15.

4. flip218

xbadboy2,

I used my old license and password also ... but you need to have RF downloaded and saved already. I requested a new RF license to see if I could download it again from 321studios again. If you remember there was a brief time nobody could download RF.

So if you don't have RF, and you wanna download it ... you have to get a new RF license. I did have it save already, I just wanted to see if I could get it from 321 again :)

5. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

I see what your talking about. I never had that problem because I orderd the $8 CD. Take it easy.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2004
  6. flip218

Yea, I downloaded it awhile ago ... didn't want to spend $8 on every version that came out. Anyhow, Xbadboy2 ... did 321 studios at least reset your activations to 10?

7. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Yes they did reset my activations to 10? All you have to do is call them and ask I have never had any problems with 321 studios. All the time they keep you on hold/hpone I will just spend the $8 for the CD.

8. pany

pany Member

[bold]brobear [/bold]
    Tried it manually but when attempting to burn it went straight to Fianalizing Disc. It appeared like burner was burning. Did this for about 40 minutes before ejecting. Disc did not work in DVD player and appears to be blank.

I then ran the patch and then reran copy process. This time it did burn correctly. Don't know what went wrong, possibly the version of the .dll was not compatible with the RF version.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Pany,
    Strange that it would work that way. Glad you got things going though. PsiDoc made the patch smart, so it goes where it should. He took all the work out of switching the files.

Don't know which version of the program you had or version of bouducon.dll. I used the 1.3.5.103 version of the bouducon.dll file to replace the one in RF. I believe it was from XCopy version 4.0.3.8. I believe that is the same bouducon.dll file that is being used in the patch. Unless they slipped one in on me, that was the last version before the advent of RF. If not, then close to it.

10. flip218

The haven't changed anything for RF. I did a clean install on my gateway, installed RF, ran 321rip ... and it works fine.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Hey flip
    We were just discussing the patch and it placing the file instead of doing it manually. I don't know if an older file would cause the problems described by pany or if the file was damaged. The patch replaces a file which can be done manually if one has both the pre RF and RF programs (don't know about pre 4.0.3.8 files). The patch just makes it easier for those not wanting to do a transfer or not having access to the older files.

12. flip218

brobear,

That's a good question. When I did the clean install on my gateway, I only installed RF and let the patch run automatically. Now on my Dell I have both v4.0.3.8 and RF, and I patched it manually.

The order I used was:
    Delete the bouducon.dll in Platinum RF first.
    Copied bouducon.dll from v4.0.3.8 and placed it in the RF folder. This way you don't get two bouducon.dll's in the RF folder.

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip,
    No problem with your method. I rename the file in the RF version bouducon.bak and then copy the file from the ripper version. Why one would want to is questionable, but this method allows changing back to the original program. Delete the ripper version of bouducon.dll and rename the bouducon.bak to bouducon.dll and you're back to RF without the ripper. The patch creates a bak file which gives the return to original option. By deleting the file you limit your options.

Don't know if you ever noticed. When upgrading the 321 programs, there was usually a bak folder created with the previous version files.

14. flip218

I never noticed the bak folder. Honestly, I didn't notice the bouducon.dll change till you brought it up :)

15. brobear

brobear Guest

I wasn't the first. Xbadboy2 was the first who clued me into the location of the bouducon.dll file. I wasn't willing to set down and go through the files to hunt down the one with the ripper function. Not enough patience.

Since DVDXcopy can use HD files, I simply used an emulator and ran the decrypted files through the RF program that way. Nearly as fast if you practice the method (except XCopy is faster at ripping than most). AnyDVD also did the job if I wanted the program to record on the fly like the old ripper program. So doing the bouducon.dll swap just made things easier by keeping the ripper in the program.

PsiDOC did everyone a favor when he did the Rip patch. He simplified the installation of the bouducon.dll in the RF version.

[bold]Here is another one for you. You have a Logs folder with a record of the various burns. I go in occasionally and delete these if I no longer have a need for them. If you get a bad burn, sometimes the log can tell you why. They're set in numerical order.[/bold]

16. flip218

Yea I know of the logs ... don't get errors anymore, and don't use XCopy much anymore. But the times I do, I'll clean out the log folder.

And yes you are right, much thanks to xbadboy2

17. brobear

brobear Guest

Yes, Xbadboy2 and PsiDOC did a lot of people a favor. Didn't know if you knew about the logs or not. I've had questions about the logs and don't know how many people know their location.

Sort of bad XCopy wasn't developed more. The Feds nipped it in the bud. Now some other programs have started to overshadow it.

I haven't tried the Xtreme programs yet to see how good they work. I know if one is going to use them for encrypted programming, they have to have a ripper program. I don't think anyone has come up with a patch for these programs yet.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2004
  18. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Are you talking about Xtreme from 321 ?

19. sam_adams

sam_adams Member

Ok, I went to 321's site, put in my info, and it says they no longer support "ripper" programs. So being that I can't even get it from them, is there anything I can do?

20. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

sam_adams

Call studios321 tech support, after verfiy your account, they will activate your account, and you can download the RF version. Download is free or you can pay $8 to get a CD.