1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy RF to RI (Ripper Included)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, May 22, 2004.

1. pany

pany Member

[bold]brobear[/bold]

I have Platinum v.3.2.1 and my bouducon.dll file is version 1.2.1.83. Possibly the older versions are not compatible. When I first registered and downloaded the new Platinum version it was already the RF version.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

@Xbadboy2
    Yes, I was referring to the 321 Extreme programs. No current experience. Do you know if they are just ripperless clones of the past offerings?

Pany
    Possibly, the problem is with older files. Sort of irrelevant except for the curious, as PsiDoc's patch works and installs the correct file. I just like tinkering with the files. I put on disc several of the upgrades, so I had the later files for use.

Since PsiDoc and Xbadboy2 know more about the files; maybe they have your answer.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2004
  3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I can't remember who did it, but Xtreme will rip using 321rip. I believe PsiDOC has also confirmed this.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Guess I'll have to ask him. Message from him the other day stated nothing for the Xtreme as of yet. That prog I've heard has no bouducon file and that is what the 321 rip patch is all about.

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2004
  5. flip218

This is from a PM.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

As I said, guess I'll have to ask him again. Not disputing your word, obviously we got conflicting messages or I misunderstood.

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2004
  7. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

If you cant get the patch to work for Xtreme all you need is the bounducon.dll file. With Xtreme they took the file out (bounducon.dll). So if you cant get the patch to work for Xtreme just find some one with the bounducon.dll file from Platinum with ripper and just past it in and your dune. The patch should work for Xtreme Psi has dune a lot of work to the patch sence it first came out. Good luck burning everyone and take it easy. xbadboy2

8. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Sorry had a little problem posting.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  9. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

321 Rip has been tested on Xtreme Xpress version version 1.0.4.25 and is confirmed working, granted this was not confirmed by me. I don't own Xtreme and to be honest I don't think I ever will. (Buying all these versions will kill my bank balance!) however I gathered the info needed from reliable sources and the beta test was again performed by a reliable source.
    In the case of Xtreme what Rip does is deploy a partially made .DLL file to Xtreme then patches it. I know it's a "round the houses solution", however I didn't want to fall on the wrong side of any copyright laws. Note: No backup of the partial is made. There is no point.
    Regards,
    Psi

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip, guess I misunderstood. We got it from the man himself here. The improved patch does the job. I do know for sure that the earlier one for RF wouldn't work on Extreme. As Xbadboy2 stated, PsiDOC's work paid off.

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2004
  11. jonesy2

jonesy2 Member

Does anybody know how to acitvate DVDXCOPY PLATINUM 4.0? It will not work for me, it would be very much appreciated if someone could get back to me
    Thank you

12. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

StanH1000,

I have been informed that NYC won't help anyone who bought their XCopy elsewhere.

However you might try the Ireland based (European) forum. The Canadian forum doesn't help US based pple either.

Good Luck –

Pete

14. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Another endorsement for drive imaging backup software like Norton Ghost. Image the drive when everything is working well. If you have format the drive, just restore the image and all the software will be just as it was (activated).

15. brobear

brobear Guest

If the version is licensed and registered with the activation center, then you can still activate the software. Check here for the links: http://321ripforum.tripod.com/
    If this is a new acquisition of the old software, you're probably out of luck in the US and it may be time to look for alternative software. I'm not sure what the Taiwan group is doing with sales and activation of the XCopy. Since the court decision, sales of XCopy is now illegal in the US and all support and activation of the ripper products ceased from 321 Studios.

[bold]BTW, saying 4.0 doesn't help tell anyone the software you have. 4.0.3.8 was a ripper program and the 4.0.4.15 was an RF. So, you need to state the entire version number when referring to these programs.[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2004
  16. fargen

fargen Member

I have Platinum Version 4.0.3.8 RI but had to replace the hard drive on my pc. Since I can't activate online anymore, does anyone know or know where I can get a numeric password to activate platinum on this new hard drive?

17. flip218

fargen,

Two Choices:
    1) Call Europe support
    Europe
    Technical Support & Software Activation
    Phone: +353-61-702078 (Ireland)*
    Time: 8:30-17:30 GMT (17:00 Friday)
    *English, Deutsch, Français, Española, Portuguese

2) Get DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both free), or another alternative method for backing up dvds.

18. brobear

brobear Guest

fargen,
    That's about 3:30 AM till noon Eastern. With the time change, when it's lunch in the US, Europe is closing up shop. About 5 to 8 hrs later there depending on the US time zones.

So, make the call early. Let us know how it goes. Haven't heard from anyone calling to Ireland from the US yet.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2004
  19. flip218

GMT = E.S.T + 4 (if your in the U.S.)

20. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip isn't that EST + 5 = GMT and the current Daylight Savings time + 4 = GMT? The UK is on summer Time which is GMT + 1; which means the current time is 5 hrs different from the UK and the Eastern US.

Gee isn't that Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time along with UK Summer Time just the most fun time when thinking about Zulu Time? Confuses me sometimes...

Interesting bit of trivia: There is a week around the end of March and early April when US EST and UK Summer time overlap. That's a six hour time difference between the UK and Eastern US for a week.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2004