1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy RF to RI (Ripper Included)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, May 22, 2004.

1. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Ding, dong)

Hi brobear, Flip218,

It's just me chiming in guys -

I really love you both BUT seeing as I have too much time on my hands (Lol)

In the US, it's GMT - 5 hours

Sorry guys it's minus 5 hours from GMT.

When it's 8:30AM there it's 3:30AM on thhe East coast of the US.

I always remember because pple always say that I'm, "Behind the times." (I'm not really) It's only true if the person I'm speaking to is in the UK. (Lol)

Sea ya all :p)

Pete

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Brobear, I'm sure your right ... This is where I got it:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip
    It's easily confused with all the time changes. The US and UK go on daylight savings about the same time. So, except for a week, the time is 5 hours different between the US and UK. I got that drummed into my head once upon a time when I had to know Zulu Time (GMT).

Pete

I said,
    Believe I had it right the first time. I should have said 12:30 instead of noon to be precise. Here's a little lesson in algebra. A+B=C is equivalent to A=C-B. That goes like this: (A)EST + (B)5 = (C)GMT or as you stated (C)GMT - (B)5 = (A)EST

Pete:
    Note that's what I said, it's 5 hours earlier on the east coast of the US than in the UK. The only difference was that we had variables and plus and minus on different sides of the equation. Which means we said the same thing.

In the UK at GMT, it's EST + 5 hours or GMT -5 = EST; that's looking at it from the UK and US east coast. Currently the US in in DST, UK time is Summer Time (GMT + 1).
    That goes like this 1 + EST + 5 = GMT + 1

Glad to see you agree with me again there Pete. I'm sometimes at a loss as to spending my time. It's always a pleasure to chat with you.

Have a nice day.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2004
  4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Sorry there Mr. bear

It just read it on the "Go" and saw you had a + sign in front of the time instead of a minus, that's what Iicked up on -

GMT + 5 threw me off-

"P"

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Okay Pete,
    Just that it was never GMT + 5, it was EST + 5 = GMT. You had it right, so you wouldn't have lost any time over it. ;)

I fear we've strayed far from the subject. Wonder if fargen ever made the phone call?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2004
  6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I tell ya brobear,

I haven't the foggiest, Flip and I were talking about it - I was under the impression it could be reached via Internet but when he told me it was a tele call, Well, I said that if were me, the toll charges would discourage me quite quickly :(

"Twid be a major drain on the wallet. Especially if the "wait Time" was anything like it is for any other support line - It might be cheaper to buy another proggy, Ya think ? (Lol)

Cheers,

"P"

7. brobear

brobear Guest

I'd say you have it right Pete. I tried calling 321 once and ended up with a headache while waiting. Pain in the neck holding the phone that long. Never have tried holding for Ireland. But if you have XCopy and it's running, it's a nice piece of software.

Since they upgraded Shrink, that is now an excellent choice and a freebie. They expanded the burn options, upped the compression quality, you can burn dual layer now, split ISO for FAT, and in general modernized the program. CopyToDVD is an option as well as the Nero burning ROM and DVD Decrypter in ISO Write.

RB/CCE is a little difficult to set up for some, but it's an excellent choice for top quality encoding. There are lots of choices besides these, and lot's of people here on AD to help. All one has to do is look around and find what they want. In the interim, Shrink and the Nero trial are an excellent way to record while making up one's mind. They're both excellent programs and keepers in my book. Don't get me wrong, I have all of those programs. Guess I'm just a software-aholic, but I like to know what folks are talking about. Besides, various programs are better for some things than others.

Have a good evening there Pete.

Look at that, Frances went and knocked out my bear.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2004