1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy-useless, what can I use now?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rodeh7, Jan 31, 2005.

1. TheKidd

TheKidd Member

Hey all. I've been using DVDXCOPY v1.2.2 for some time now and have never had a problem up intel now when I tried to back up The Grudge. After tossing back a couple beers and crying a few tears, I searched the web and then these forums and found out everyone else is having the same problem with this movie and a few others using DVDXCOPY. So I guess it's time to use a different program, or 2, or 3, whatever it takes. I will not let them turn me into an alcoholic. Burp, oooh excuse me. So I need your help here guys. I've already downloaded DVD Decrypter and now I'm stuck don't know what to do, must be those beers kicking in :) I want to back up onto Two DVD-R's so I can keep the same quality. I've heard DVD Shrink will fit it on one disk but reduce the quality, I don't want that. I heard you can use DVDGOLD or DVDPLATINUM but they want between 90-120 bucks. Is there something else out there less expensive, or free? Free is always good. And after using that program is there anything else I will need I already have Nero 6.3.1.25 THANKS

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Guides for Shrink and Decrypter for the novice can be found at http://www.dvdshrink.info . Did you try running AnyDVD along with your XCopy?
    http://www.slysoft.com
    AnyDVD is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background. This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well. With AnyDVD's help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy, InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies. With the help of AnyDVD you can watch movies with non matching region codes with every DVD Player Software you like! AnyDVD decrypts not just DVDs: AnyDVD allows you also to play, copy and rip protected Audio CDs!

The AnyDVD has a 3 week trial.

Shrink will handle most jobs, if you're wanting good freeware. With the quality settings used, it does a good job. If you're worried, try it once and find out for yourself on the video quality. The quality settings does make the process take longer. You need to do deep analysis as soon as you open the disc. Just look under all the tabs when you enter backup and you should see all you need to do. Shrink has it's own section here if you run into any problems and can't find the boxes.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2005
  3. dooleyjlt

dooleyjlt Guest

Hey, yeah I am a newbie here and to copying DVDs but one of the first I copied was RE2 and it was perfect, I used CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD running in the background. I have made copies with and without the previews both are fine, of course the ones without the previews and xtras use less compression to fit the DVD9 onto a DVD5 but I have yet to be unable to copy a single DVD and they all play fine on the Xbox with no issues.

any additional info to this would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2005
  4. TheKidd

TheKidd Member

Thanks Brobear. I used the Anydvd running in the back ground along with my dvdxcopy and was abel to back up The Grudge with no problem. I'm still courios if I wanted to use the DVD Decrypter what program could I use after it to prepare the movie to be backed up? Other than DVD Shrink. With a large movie I don't want to compress it all onto one dvd-r I would rather use two. Thanks

5. daver415

daver415 Guest

hey "TheKidd" go to this website it has solved my problems in many ways. http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide7.html
    thats scubapetes site. i recommend using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter with anydvd now. you can make a perfect copy of a dvd on just ONE DVD-R/+R.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Thanks for the "Plug" there Daver -

I'm certainly glad your problem's solved,
    I hope you know that you're welcome here even if you haven't a problem. LQQk around, check out some of the threads - You'll be surprised at the information you can garner.

Information on "tricks" to get your PC humming faster, settings for your old programs, new programs, some for free - some for trial that may save you time - warnings on hardware, software or media that might head off headaches for you in the future.

You can make friends here, enjoy helping others - Though you may not feel that you know enough now to contribute, reading threads will add to your knowledge base in no time. Head to the "Safety Valve" forum and chat about any topic under the sun OR check out our forums on PS2's, X-box or Gamecube topics - there's probably something there about your cellular phone or something new to do with your Home Theater, you'll be surprised :D)

We'll be lQQking for you -

Me ? Well I'll be over there, behind the water cooler, under the potted Palm, sipping a "cold one" and answering questions - feel free to stop by and say "Howdy" ~

'till then, I'll be Sea'n you ~ ~

Cheers,

Pete

7. brobear

brobear Guest

TheKidd
    There is a patch for XCopy to activate the Browse function. Pete mentioned this earlier. Also, you should be updated to the last version, 4.0.3.8. Go to http://www.dvdripforums.co.uk and download and install the patch to activate the browse function. Then you can use DVD Decrypter and DVDXCopy to do the split you wanted. Most movies, I don't see the need to split, but that is at your personal preference.

The patch you need is the "Upgrade to RF with Ripper". You can find the patch in the 321 section or in Downloads in Download Central at DVDRF http://www.dvdripforums.co.uk . Recording from a disc, you may be able to do the split without ripping to the HD. Have you tried it with XCopy and the AnyDVD.

8. TheKidd

TheKidd Member

brobear

Well I tried backing up The Forgotten with dvdxcopy and anydvd running in the back ground like I did with The Grudge this time didn't work. I went to the link you provided above for dvdripforums and tried to register but I keep receiving

The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:

Open the cgi.tripod.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
    You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
    Internet Explorer

I don't know whats going on there. Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  9. brobear

brobear Guest

That site has been suffering some problems. Also, you have to have "accept cookies" on your internet options. The Forgotten was a difficult movie. Try running it through Shrink and see if that helps. Be sure to have AnyDVD running.

10. TheKidd

TheKidd Member

Anydvd has just released an update 4.5.8.1

- New: Added support for a new version of the "Sony ARccOS
    protection" as found on "The Forgotten" (UK), "Little Black Book"
    (UK) or "She hate me" (UK) to the option to remove "Protection
    based on unreadable Sectors"
    - Some minor fixes and improvements
    - Updated languages

This should work.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

It was bad enough on the US encryption. I wonder what they did different for the UK?

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Bear,

LightingUK, in designing the PLS for the Forgotten, required a log so he could work on it as he didn't have any problems with the DVD's he got in the UK.

? ? Go Figure ? ?

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Strange business. Appears Sony gave the US the works and went light on the UK. Wonder why AnyDVD saw the need to add support for the UK versions if they weren't a problem. Or possibly the studios sent a mixed batch to the UK.

???Who Knows??? (rhetorical)

14. Wonga

Wonga Member

A lot of you will know this already but it may be useful for the newbies. If you don't want to spend big money on software, search for OEM stuff. Here in the UK you can get Nero for under $4 and DVDXcopy for $12 if you know where to look. I use Decryptor and then pinnacles instant copy ($10) for my burns, again if you know where to look you can get instant copy very cheap as well.

15. brobear

brobear Guest

The magical words for "other than regular retail sources". I hear there are even places that give them away for free. I believe they even have a word for the practice...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

"Hey Bear,"

(waving my hand in the air)

"I know, I know, call on me . . ."

(Half out of my seat now . . .)

"I know the word, really, really I do . . . ."

What . . . ., whaa . . . . . ?

Yea, I know about the rules, . . . I read them once . . . . ,

Ohhh, :( I can't call them that in forum . . . . . . . ?

Alright, iffin' you say so . . . . .

Auuuuhhh, OK. Hey Bear . . forget it man . . ., My Mommy won't let me use that language in public .. . .

(Stinking Pirates . . . .)

17. brobear

brobear Guest

Momma... Momma... Where's the soap? LOL