1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCOPY XPRESS

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by gvtj, Oct 28, 2003.

1. gvtj

gvtj Guest

PLEASE,TELME WHAT IS THIS ERROR:
    ERROR OCCURRED READING SECTORS!
    DATA:186/176
    UNABLE READ DVD.
    MY DRIVE IS PIONEER DVD -R/-RW/+R/+RW PLESE
    WHAT IS THIS PROBLEM?

2. garyde

garyde Member

I too have had nothing but problems trying to get Xcopy Xpress to work. At first I thought it was something on my 2 year old Pentium 4 running XP Pro at 1.5 ghz. But then when I installed it on a brand new AMD64 that I had not installed anything on other than what came with it, it also didn't work. Same error. Trouble reading the original DVD. Yet the original DVD plays fine on the same PC and some tools from afterdawn seem to be able to get the vob files without any problem. I understand 321 has some problems with software you may have installed, but from the list they sent me on what to remove, I may as well dedicate a single computer to nothing but xcopy xpress!! My question is... if some of the free software on afterdawn can read the files without a problem and without me having to disect the programs I've already installed on my computer, whey can't one I pay for do a better job???

3. Striker1

Striker1 Member

Sorry to hear guys, but I dont think its the software. I just bout DVD Xpress and the cheapest DVD tripple format burner, LG 4040B CDN$150 (US$ 99)and it works really well. I have backed up DVD,s and mad DVD's with my mpegs. I have an AMD XP2400 chip in my PC, 500megs ram.

Striker

4. dcdoc

dcdoc Guest

Hey! Please specify that triple thinegy, Stryker!
    Must say, I upgraded to DVDXpress , and started having probs. Also the compressing effects the quality of resolution (DUH).
    Have had the best luck with the Basic DVDXcopy. I know u have to use TWO disks! BUT...better two with allfeatures/ than one with none. (ANd more bad burns(Ugh)). Also, try this: ALWAYS -PREVIEW the split/start of second disk , for at least 60 secs. THEN stop>start copy now. Also when splitting , or self picking split)>Leave the more mbytes on the FIRST disk ( but not more than 4mb). THis seems to be work best for me . (haha...(so far}. Using DVD+R, 4x.

5. FSU33

FSU33 Guest

I too have excellent results with Xpress. Make sure you have the latest version so you can included ALL menus and extras. I just copied my DVD with wide screen and full screen versions included and it came out perfect. I'm using Verbatim disks with the below stats of my computer.

6. Striker1

Striker1 Member

Hi dcdoc,

The Burner I am using is the LG (GSA) 4040B tripple format drive. The LG GSA 4040B drive is a multiformat drive meaning it supports DVD+R,+RW,-R,-RW, and RAM. This means that it will burn DVD's in all the formats, facilitating older and newer DV players to read your copies. I have made DVD's form DVD's, mpeg's, AVI's and DV as well.
    I am also burning at 2X instead of 4X. Friends tell me that slower burning speeds are better.

Hope this helps,

Striker.

7. arkangel

arkangel Member

Hey everyone

I bought DVD X Copy Xpress to make my DVD backups with. It has worked well for me, allowing me to make great backups of many of my most prized DVD's. Unfortunately, some of my masters got stolen out of my apartment during a break-in last week. Luckily my backups were kept in a seperate place.

What I want to know now is if anyone knows how to make a backup of a backup. Looks like this software doesn't want to allow you to do this, probably for piracy reasons. Anyone know a loophole or another program that will make another copy of a backup origionally made with X Copy?

Thanks
    Aaron

8. sein2laf

sein2laf Member

Hey Guys,

Im a newbie at backing up dvd's, but have been doing my homework. Here's my input :
    Dvdxcopy xpress is the best software out there to backup your dvd, when using it, make sure all program are closed and i even disconnect from internet when doing backups.using only DVD+R (had problems with dvd-r)and program will work like a charm. For sector probs, dvdxce cnnot read menu, do not choose entire movie and dvdxce will copy movie,langu,subs but no menu :(
    to make backup of backup normally easy cd dvd creator's cd copier should do the job ??!!??

Anyways thats watta i know
    i have a 124 dvd collection and backed up 32 so far still no coasters (just a dvd-r, but nice mirror thingy for car :) )
    use HP 2.0ghz dvd-+r(w) / dvd-rom
    on xp

good luck everyone
    sein out

9. Jesstmc

Jesstmc Member

i was fine until i upgraded and now i get error writing disk

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

dvd xcopy is a good program but i also have the same probs with errors etc.Have changed to clone dvd as a backup tool and as long as you run a program that will change your dvd rom or burner to multi zone you can bypass the CSS copy protection and create a perfect copy.My dvd burner is a pioneer a106 and out of 10 tries i have only had 1 failure you can also do multiple burns, as well as keep all menus or delete them as the need arises

Hope this helps

Andmerr

11. Striker1

Striker1 Member

Hi Guys,

I have seen numeros posts about people making coasters on their first attempt to burn DVD's. Why not use a DVD-RW so if you did make a mistake you can reuse that DVD RW ? When you get it right then burn onto a DVD-R. I find that burning at 2X works well using the -/+ DVD's. I have not made a coaster so far, but may one day :) I am not too worried anyways as I get blanks really cheap here 25 DVD's 4X for CDN $ 26 about US $17 I buy from a wholesale company since I have a business. DVD X Copy worked for me from the first tgime I tried it until now, no problems. The only issues I have to work out is getting the right compression rate and encodes for my DV vidoes captured from my digital camcorder. I am using Roxio Video Wave 5 which has really nice editing features but sucks on quality output. It does not even support my LG DVD burner and the company is not interested in making update patches for it, so I have to use Nero to write my final production. When I produce DVD quaility MPEG 2 from Roxio, the quality of vidoe looks crappy. I have to look into a new program.

Striker1

Last edited: Nov 28, 2003