1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXMaker Updates?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by petramala, Mar 19, 2005.

1. petramala

petramala Member

I currently have DVDXMaker 2.0.0.0 and I am trying to find an updade, Anyone have an idea of where I might look?
    Thansk!

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

321Studios the makers of DVDXMaker no longer exists ! whatever version you have ,possibly may be swapped with a friend that has a newer one !

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  4. artgecko

artgecko Member

Hi,
    Being that 321 no longer exists, does anyone have any suggestion for activating the copy of dvd x maker that I just purchased at a retail store?? Thanks, Art (No Emails)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  5. flip218

6. artgecko

artgecko Member

Thx, I'll try. Sry about the email. Wasn't try to slip anything by, i just don't like to write it normal for webcrawlers to see. Didn't know that you couldn't post emails. My bad.

7. dorkville

dorkville Member

wher can i get a patch for dvdx maker cant get it to work

8. artgecko

artgecko Member

OK, to all concerned, I was able to 'activate' my copy of DVD-X-Maker. I just purchased this software brand new (a few weeks ago) at a retail store, only to find that there is no support that exists. The DVD-X-Copy folks told me to jump in a lake. Well, they actually said 'you're screwed' in a semi-polite manner.
    So in light of the fact that absolutely ZERO support exits, I feel justified in presenting the following information on how to activate DVD-X-Maker.

You must follow these directions step-by-step. They may seem odd, but they WORK. I now have DVD-X-Maker fully up and running.

REMOVED FOR STUPIDITY

If it doesn't work the first time try again. Mine worked like a champ the first try. I can not take credit for these instructions (I wish I was that smart!) They originally came from 'lucky'. Thanks lucky!

Enjoy.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  9. flip218

artgecko,

Read the forum rules. You make another post like that and your gone. You cannot discuss that method.

10. flip218

artgecko,

That is now twice I've told you to read the forum rules. Next time your gone.

11. artgecko

artgecko Member

Uh, ok, whatever Flip. There are many folks (myself included) that legitimately have purchased this software, and now have no way to 'properly' activate it. If the people that took over the dvdxcopy stuff where actually concerned with their customer base, they would show support for xmaker too. As I explained, THERE IS NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT for xmaker. NONE, nada, zip. As far as anyone is concerned, xmaker does not exist! If this were currently supported software, all us legit owners would have a conventional way to activate the software that WE PAID FOR! But Alas! We can't do it the official way, because there is no official way anymore!!! Don't you get that? I was just trying to help those in my shoes. I found a way, and since I've seen numerous others with the same need, I wanted to let them know. You can not 'pirate' something that you paid for, and no longer commercially exists; and based on my own experience, I believe that most of these people have purchased the software and are truely trying to activate it. If you feel that trying to help others warrents kicking me out of here, fine go ahead. I have acheived the goal that I originally came here to glean info for (with no help from here). The one suggestion that I got from here (from you Flip) was a bust. Having any knowledge of xcopy, you should have known that. In addidtion, since the xcopy folks obviously have given the xmaker owners 'the finger', why hamper any efforts to help xmaker owners? That kind of (lack of) support only reflects on the remaining 'x' products. I'm sorry that you feel that helping other legitimate owners is somehow a bad thing. You must suffer from the 'big fish in a little pond' syndrome.
    I presume that you are going to edit and rewrite this to make yourself look like the hero, rather than the zero that you are. It's too bad that this 'help' forum has no interest in helping people.

12. flip218

artgecko,

Your not getting the point and you've got a poor attitude. I understand what your doing, but it is against the forum rules. You cannot discuss how to crack ... even if you own a legit copy.

Now read the forum rules ... all of them. Maybe then you'll understand where I'm coming from. You got a problem with the rules, take it up with the Admins.

Too bad your to blind to see the help.

13. groucho58

groucho58 Member

I'm in the same boat,I just purchased the DVDXMaker,not realising the company is under.I'd really like to know how to activate legally purchased software.Anyone know where to get that info?

14. artgecko

artgecko Member

Hi Groucho58. I found out how to activat the DVD-X-Maker software, but I am not allowed to post that information here. If FLIP218 can find some way for us to communicate outside this arena, I can get that info to you. I'm not sure why I can't post the info here, since the info would fall under the 'Fair Usage' act (you are allowed to copy/decode whatever you legally purchase). Apparently the admin around here does not understand (or is not familiar with) the Fair Usage laws. No matter, it's their forum, so their rules. If we are not allowed to contact each ohter out side of here, perhaps I can direct you to a site where to get the info. Any insights Flip?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  15. McBrat

McBrat Regular member

Art,

Flip is too nice to say it so I will for him...Go **** Yourself! The rules here are simple (even though a may have broken one by telling you to **** OFF). The help here is priceless and the tolerance for nOOb bullshit is inmeasurable. If you're so damned smart then start your own website...until then shut your mouth.

To everyone else...keep up the good work!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  16. flip218

No, don't forget I gots me the ban button :)

It has nothing to do with the Fair Usuage act ... Read the god damn forum rules!!! Then maybe you'll freakin understand. I don't make the rules ... the ADMINS do!!.

I'll tell you what .. why don't you PM dRD and ask him why the hell you cannot post instructions on how to crack XMaker?

Since your so stupid to figure it out. PM (which stands for Private message) each other and swap email addresses. Do not exchange "how to crack in a PM" .. the Admins still have the ability to view them and you will be banned.

Christ, I figure you would know how to give someone your email address through a PM.

17. groucho58

groucho58 Member

artgecko, check your pm's.

18. abcinet

abcinet Member

An interesting side note to all of this. I purchased DVD Xtreme which is a collective of 321 Studios X series software programs including DVD Xmaker over 7 months ago when I heard they were going under. I too wondered what the risk would be once they went under in terms of registering the product so you could activate it. Today for the first time since I bought the product I actually decided to make use of it and loaded it. I had no problems "activating" it at all. It asked for the code, did the little internet logo motion dance, and voila - activated no problem. I guess I am curious as to why some people need to 'crack' the software when it still activates others. Just an FYI.

19. artgecko

artgecko Member

abcinet: The UK 321 software is still supported, but the US 321 support is gone. The UK group claims (in one of their emails directly to me) that it has no ties or connections to the shut-down US company (yeah, right), yet they have continued 'some' of the support for the old US products. Be thankful your's activated the 'normal' way; you are very lucky.

20. abcinet

abcinet Member

Yes, I must consider myself lucky. I wonder if it is because my version has all 9 of their programs on it? Maybe one or more of the programs falls under the protection of whatever servers are operating in the UK in terms of activations. Send me a PM with the instructions just the same that you mentioned for activating should mine someday fail to activate the normal way - if you don't mind. I may be lucky today but who knows what tomorrow brings and change hardware like socks so FFR (Fdisk, Format, Reload) is a way of life for me.