1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI to VGA (PS2 - vga monitor

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by awilkie, Jun 8, 2007.

1. awilkie

awilkie Member

Hey I am new to this forum but i have been reading some info on converting DVI - VGA and i am confused. I have a PS2 and i want to connect it to a VGA computer monitor - can i do this without spending over $100 on a coversion box? I use the monitor to watch TV through my laptop that has a tuner card with a DVI output also - can i plug the PS2 directly into the laptop?

Any help would be great

Thanks

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

You would need a PS2 to VGA connector so you can hook up your PS2 directly to the monitor. These can be costly but can also be cheap (around $20.) I will look around for them and post back if I find a place that sells them cheap.

3. awilkie

awilkie Member

Thanks for your reply, I have checked ebay and there seem to be some cheap converters there, however, it seems they dont all support certain resolution monitors. I have a acer 19" LCD and i'm not sure if it will be compatible. Also, it seem strange to me that you can buy VGA converters on ebay for $20 and yet pay $300US at an electronics store! For that price i would just go and by a cheap TV. Thanks for your help.