1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvix rip poor quality

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by laudern, Jan 24, 2004.

1. laudern

laudern Member

When i use the program Super DVD Ripper to rip dvds to divx's i get really poor frame rate quality. Most of the time the video doesnt even move while the sound keeps on going....

And when using super dvd ripper i go to choose the codec (divx 5.1.1) and click ok... I just press the codec button again to make sure that super dvd ripper has seleted the right codec I want, and when i go back its got the defult codec still selected, which i think is called Full Compression

So can anyone tell me whats wrong?

2. jojo32

jojo32 Guest

Is that one of those one-click dvd to divx programs? If it is I would ditch it. There are plenty of guides out there to go from dvd to divx. If you are really looking for good quality, you should go to xvid. There is a really good in depth guide at www.nanomessiah.com That site also has a divx guide. The exact link to the xvid guide is http://www.nanomessiah.com/dvd-backup/dvd-to-xvid.html check it out let me know what you think.