1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvix/Xvid will not play on TV through s-video out.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by classof84, Feb 2, 2004.

1. classof84

classof84 Member

I have recently hooked up my computer (ATI Radeon All-In Wonder 7500) to my TV via S-Video. The computer is normally displayed on the TV. However, when I play a Divx/Xvid file with WMP, Winamp,or the Divx Player the media space is blacked out. The videos work great on computer and DVDs displayed on the TV through the S-vid work fine.

Thanks!

2. honz9

honz9 Member

you got the latest drivers from ati.com?

3. vchavez

vchavez Guest

Maybe you can have the same problem that I got when I recently bought my ATI AIW 9700 with S-video out when I tried to put my Divx movies in my TV what I got was a blank screen no video what I did was this.

First go to Control Panl the Display properties
    then go to advanced then go to the tab that says "Overlay" then push the bottom that says "Clone mode options" you must have checked Theater Mode and Full Screen video that must fix your problem.

Check that you have activated both monitor and TV in your Displayes tab first.

4. classof84

classof84 Member

Thank you so much for the help! I had the latest drivers, but the video setting were incorrect. Thanks Again!

5. laudern

laudern Member

hi im using a ATI 7000 64mb video card for my tv out and thanks to your help just figured out how to playback stuff onto my tv...but i have another problem

the colour of the videos played back is very very different to that of whats on my monitor....The tv colour settings are set up fine, as all my normal tv channels have great, realistic colours...but when playig vidoes off the computer it turns the video real red and dark compared to whats on the monitor....does anyone know how to fix this?

6. vchavez

vchavez Guest

I don't know about that you can ask ATI
    support about your problem they helped me to solve the problem for watching my videos with the TV.

7. Hic00

Hic00 Member

i think that the problem is that you are playing your videos whit a software that use the overlay of your ATI. I suggest that you download a player like "Crystal" and then go to preferences and then in the directshow menu unmark "allow overlay". In BSPlayer you must hold Ctrl-P and then mark force RGB mode or unselect use overlay. I hope yo

8. laudern

laudern Member

ok thanks Hic00 i'll download the crystal player now