1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvr-104 wont recognize blank dvd media

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by sprout703, Jun 29, 2003.

1. sprout703

sprout703 Member

my dvr-104 will not recognize any blank media. Every time I try to burn Ripped dvd movies to my dvd burner from my hard drive using Nero 5.5.10.28, Nero freezes jost after the file allocation step prior to writing. The whole time the message on the bottom half of the screen says DVR-104: idle. Ive completely reformatted my c drive and re installed wimdows xp, nero, dvd x copy dvd x copy xpress and dvd shrink 2.3. Another interesting fact is that when i install a blank dvd in my dvr-104, it has a tendency to freeze my pc. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also just ordered a pioneer dvr-105 just in case its my burner gone bad. thanks in advance.

2. sprout703

sprout703 Member

I found out what was wrong after reading the previous thread. Orphius said to check the DMA settings and ensure they are off. Sure enough DMA was selected and as soon as I selected PIO only, BAM!!! that did the trick. I dont know where i would be without afterdawn.(HERBSMAN and ORIPHUS especially!) Thanks a million!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2003