1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvr-107D porblem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Mischa, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Mischa

Mischa Guest

hi, i just got my 107. Installed it and sjit:. Now i burn a dvd with nero.1 on 1 copy. When i use my aopen dvd rom as source i cant klick the "burn" icon in nero. When i use the 107 as source and destination it does work...strange:s....the other thing is. I burn at 4X speed and it takes like 35 minutes...is that normal??

2. stewart81

stewart81 Member

If you install NILs firmware version 1.13 not only will the 107 burn any media you throw at it , it will do it at a speed of 8- 10 mins

3. stewart81

stewart81 Member

Oh and it burns 4x media at 8x

4. Mischa

Mischa Guest

mmm...is that the best firmware nowdays??

5. qwix

qwix Member

Sure is I have the firmware running on mine at the moment and I have no problems at all. Have you swapped over the ide cables and tested the two drive on opposite cables and checked the normal jumper settings. The best way I found is to have the DVD-107D on Primary slave with the hard drive as master and then I have an msi dvd reader on ide 2 as primary master, both have 80 ata133 cables and are jumpered correctly. I can rip and burn in about 30 mins. I would suggest you stick to 4x burn speed when backing up your movies as the playback will distort at 8x.

6. Mischa

Mischa Guest

ok....now i have 1 cable
    : motherboard->dvdrom-?107burner

other cable motherbaord->harddisc.

burner is master
    rom is slave

can u tell me in EZ terms:)...what i need 2 change now:)