1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR-109BK Reads CD's but not DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by elohb, Feb 13, 2005.

1. elohb

elohb Member

I have installed a new Pioneer DVR-109BK. No matter what I do I cannot get it to read any type of DVD. I have tried blank DVD's (Ritek and Taiyo-Yuden). I have also tried movie DVD's as well as DVD's with data rather than movie files. None of the foregoing will work. I do have other DVD players on my computer and they read all of the foregoing disks just fine. I have also updated to the latest firmware (1.09) with no success. Strangely enough, the player will read and play CD's just fine (it just won't read or play a DVD of any kind).

Any suggestions as to what I can do to resolve this? I have also requested help on this issue through Pioneer's website.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Brian.

2. Nightlite

Nightlite Guest

I just got the 109 yesterday... updated the firm ware before using.... and have no problem with it... in fact writes dvd's very quickly and cd's very quickly... I am very impressed with it..I just built a new pc in the last week and had a mess of disks around without knowing what was on them.. cd/dvd and it read all to let me label them. You might need to update the firmware or it may be defective???

3. elohb

elohb Member

Thank you Nightlite for the reply. Congrats on the new build. I did install the latest firmware when nothing else seemed to work, but that still did not fix my problem. I asked for and received an RMA number from the seller and sent the drive back to them yesterday. Hopefully, I will have better results with the replacement drive. Thanks again.