1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR-A08XL shows max 4x write speed option

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by C00kCoke, Nov 13, 2004.

1. C00kCoke

C00kCoke Member

I just bought this drive and installed it using UDMA IDE cable and flashed the latest firmware to 1.14. For some reason every type of blank dvd-r or dvd+r media i throw at it wont write above 4x. In the write options i only get to select 2.4x and 4x nothing else presents it self, granted the media is certified 4x but i read about so many people burning at 8x even 16x with no problems, i dont even get that option. The media i have tested so far has been:

4x DVD+R
    Imation
    Verbatime Movie Print
    Fuji
    Memorex

4x DVD-R
    TDK

Im going to buy some certified 8x media tomorrow but i hope i can fix this problem because one of the main reason i bought this drive was to burn all my 4x media at 8x or faster.

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

To be able to burn any media faster than it's stated speed, you really need hacked firmware.
    I have a Pioneer 107 with 1.13 hacked firmware and it let's me write to any dvd at 8xspeed. Even 2xspeed discs.
    Follow the link below the find hacked firmware but be warned you do this at your own risk.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=4&manufactor=25

3. C00kCoke

C00kCoke Member

Applied the latest firmware 1.14 already.

4. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

So you said.
    But it isn't the 'hacked' firmware is it?
    You have the 'official' firmware.