1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvr-ms to DVD-R for viewing on a standalone

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Chimera33, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Chimera33

Chimera33 Member

This is my first post on this site. I have used this site on many occasions and for the most part been sucessufl with everything that I'v came here for. I just got windows media center edition (MCE) and I recorded onto my HD a tv show that I want to keep. I came here and used some of the advice from people but I havent had much luck. Anyways if someone who has MCE and has put recorded tv on a DVD and played the DVD on a standalone, could you please tell me the steps and the programs that you use to do it. Thanks.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. Chimera33

Chimera33 Member

K, I'll try that and tell you what hapens. How long should this take? I put my file in and its showing a bunch of thing in the description log. One other thing what DVD Authoring program should I use because I want to remove a bunch of unwated metrial form the source file?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Once you have the VOB file created you can open them in DVD Shrink just hit re-author and browse to your file.

It can take a while depending on the size of the file and how much converting but that proggy is one of the fastest..

5. Chimera33

Chimera33 Member

K thanks for your help. After I posted I started to convert it and it say 4 hours sooo I'll try that and if I need any further help I'll just post here again. Anyways thanks again for your help =)