1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR PIONEER 7000 copy protection Help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sarasmile, Sep 27, 2002.

1. sarasmile

sarasmile Guest

Have a DVR 7000 and got a no region, no macrovision daewoo dvd player 5800 but still cannot copy to the DVR it still states that disc is copy protected what else do I need to copy my dvd's from daewoo to DVR 7000 I can copy to VHS tape but cannot copy back off that to DVR 7000 because it also states it is copy protected on the vhs tape Really thought the daewoo would solve the problem but it did not Can you help

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2002
  2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

3. sarasmile

sarasmile Guest

i will try anything I spent too much money on the DVR not even to be able to back up my personal dvds Will it work in US or will i be stuck with my sixth dvd player I am at your undying mercy

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

There are different flavours to macrovision. Not just one. I'm no expert on the subject, but some of the fellas on the forum are. Search the threads for macrovision. Check and make sure that the hack you applied to the Daewoo player defeats all variety. Otherwise, there are external de-macro devices that aren't too expensive to compliment your DVR-7000 which is a nice unit - my mate has one (BTW, I think there is a new firmware for your 7000 that fixes the laser problem with the newer types of DVD-R media). Good luck.