1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvr?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rtrg, Apr 1, 2017.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I am looking for what I will call a recorder that records on a hard drive much like a cable box. The unit should have at least 1 a/v line in and out plus at least a 1 coax out. A tuner like a vcr would be optional since the cable box would need to be the source. I am intending to record from external sources such as dvd players/recorders, cassettes, vcrs, anything that has an a or a/v line out. The tv connection would be coax as the 1 component input is being used and I do not want to add an a/v switch. The tv's line in is being used to accept the computer monitors out. I need model names, #s, makers, the model # format so I can know the units format. A unit with disc ability is acceptable as long as I can record to hhd and/or disc only or simultaneously and two way copying is also optional. Can a CCTV unit do this also?

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I think you want what is called a 'tv computer card'. It is a video card with a tuner which has several ins and outs. Once it is in your computer you can do what you want with it. There are dozens of these; the more expensive have more bells and whistles.