1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVV

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Botanika2, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Botanika2

Botanika2 Guest

HI,
    I am having a problem ripping some movies with dvd shrink. I keep getting a message that says "DVD Shrink has encounted an error a d can not continue" "failed to read drive:/D" Data Error "Cyclic redundancy check" Please help me to correct this problem. I don't use dvd decrypter since i always have a problem burning the ripped dvd. I know I have seen this discussing but I still don't understand it. Maybe because I'm not computer smart. Please Help !!!!!!!!

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Which DVD is giving you the problem? It could be a scratched or damaged disk--but, if it is one of the newer DVD's, it may well have the newer encryption--DVD Shrink cannot handle ripping some of the newer DVD's. However, DVD Decrypter can handle them--make sure you have the newest version, put the movie through DVD Decrypter first ( ISO Read) then put it through DVD Shrink and finally burn with whatever program you prefer. Here are some guides to help--

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html

Whitfield