1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvv2xbox has just stopped working?! nightmarre!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by urbster, May 3, 2007.

1. urbster

urbster Member

Could somebody help me out here. My xbox2dvd won't work anymore, i don't know what i did or even who to blame. I have managed to get hold of different version of dvd2xbox which i put on my pc, connected up to the xbox, ftp'd the new one over the old one, along with the default.xbe but still no joy.
    Is there something i'm missing here? Do you think all the games will be safe if i load another version of evolutionX over the top of this one with the knackered dvd2xbox app? I daren't risk it as my son will never speak to me again. (until he wants money of course.)
    Any help would be appreciated as i'm getting sick of slapping myself on the head.
    cheers.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

how did you FTP the new copy?
    The way i usually do it is to use a file browser, delete all the files in the DVD2Xbox folder, then FTP the new files into that same folder which is now empty. This keeps the name the same so all your dashboard links work.

Also, what is it doing when you try to load up DVD2Xbox?

3. urbster

urbster Member

Hiya Stiemy
    I connected to the xbox with flashXTP, navigated to the folder removed the files that were there and put in the new ones. I got the files from #xbins ftp site, dvd2xbox07_8. There were a few extra folders, media, acl ,patches and dummy files. I banged them in there too, as i'm pretty clueless.
    When i start the app from the dashboard nothing happens at all, just hangs at the loading screen.
    I may need to download another copy and try again.

Do you know if installing a newer slayer evox dashboard over my existing one will work. Will i lose all the games etc? there's far too many to back up now.

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

you could try clearing the cache and the game save for the old version...and then try again. It might be getting bunged up on load because of a conflict in the cached commands. If that fails...still do the cache clearing and game save deleting and then FTP another copy to your xbox and try that.