1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dycrypter woes

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by angelluv, Sep 28, 2004.

1. angelluv

angelluv Member

i have been posting about dvd shrink. well while learning rather attempting to use it i saw that the file im trying to burn says that it is not encrypted. and when i go to use the dvd decryptor im at a total loss. when im able to add a file i get an out of memory error. when i try and use a mpg file i get a unsupported file error. can someone try and walk me thru this im still trying to burn a dvd so that it will play on my home player
    thanx
    angelluv

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

What kind of file are you trying to burn? What is the source file type?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Presario..Athlon 2.16Ghz..512MB RAM..140G HD..HP 300n[/small]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004
  3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

angelluv,

Shrink will rip, edit, and compress files, but will not burn.

Decrypter will rip and burn, but will not edit and/or compress.

Soooo, you have to use a combo of the two to achieve your goal. That's the differences between shrink and decrypter.

Now, Out of memory could be several things,

1)how big is your hard drive?

2)are you using NTFS or FAT32?
    (FAT32 only handles 4 gig files while NTFS can handle 10 g files)

Also:

Is this a downloaded file? They are not usually encrypted. Shrink uses dvd compliant files and if you have DL files you will have to convert them to DVD compliant files usually.

usually DL files only have to be burned as they don't need editing or compressing, they are already the correct size without extras or menus. Decrypter will only burn ISO files.

Sooo, to burn DL files you usually have to convert them and then burn to disc. Again, you will need another program, like TMPGEnc or NeroVisionExpress(NVE), etc.

is this starting to make sense?

(It's much easier to back up a dvd than to burn files from over the net, not to mention quality is way better.) ;>)

4. angelluv

angelluv Member

well i am trying to burn a mpg file.
    my hard drive is 120GB
    i am running in NTFS
    this is a dl file which was avi and i converted it to mpg. and the quality is amazingly good very clear.
    i did download that TMPGEnc but it was corrupt and i havnt redownloaded it since. but i will now try again
    is TMPGEnc an easy program to use i sure hope so.
    dont forget dumb blonde here.
    angelluv

5. angelluv

angelluv Member

i just got the TMPGEnc program and went thru it all and when i get to the part to start it i get an error that it cant load P3package.dll what in the world is that. now im really confused.HELP
    angelluv

6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

7. angelluv

angelluv Member

when i add the movie into the program it isnt split it is one long movie. but i will retry it again and post naturally
    thanx
    angelluv

8. angelluv

angelluv Member

ok i tried again i made the movie smaller and started from the .exe and i still get the same error. any ideas what i can do to make this darn thing work?
    angelluv

9. angelluv

angelluv Member

what next
    ok now its popping up that my 30 day trial period is over even tho i just got in and the first one i had i got about 4 days ago. so it wont let me do anything. is there another program out there that will do the same thing? wow is this frustrating.
    angelluv

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

lol, see what i mean about DL files?

OK, I use NeroVisionExpress(NVE) to work with these files all the time. It will also let you create a menu and chapters for your movie.

It comes in the Nero Ultra 6 suite which is an excellent program to have btw. It has MANY video and audio apps dealing with backup, burning, cover design, toolkit, software player, photoshop,etc. You can use this for free every month for the ENTIRE month.. At the end of each month you must reload it until you decide to buy. You must DL update packs 1 & 2,do not load pack#3(InCD)it is packet writing that has been known to conflict with DVD backup. I would also get packs 4,5,and 6.

You can buy this for 59.00 and lots of times nero will have 20-30.00 rebates which makes it a heck of a deal considering all it does and it normally costs 99.00!

If you decide to try NVE let me know and I will help you, I also have a quick guide i wrote for it that should walk you thru it using the nero manuel which can also be found at the nero homepage.

see ya! :)

11. angelluv

angelluv Member

i am now downloading the nero ultra. so any help that you can give me would be wonderful. im sorry to be such a pain but i am new to burning dvd's.
    i sure hope that this works i have had nothing but bad luck with nero in the past.
    thanx
    angelluv

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Nero is a wonderful program, really program"s". The problems are usually the system or the operator,(no offense intended,lol). One thing, nero does have problems if one has Roxio on their PC, but so do many other apps. Roxio is a very greedy app and doesn't like to share causing problems with many other programs. I always recommend removing it before installing nero. You should even use this tool to remove it completely as it doesn't like to be taken out either and tends to leave remnants.

OK, Find it here:

http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

13. angelluv

angelluv Member

thanx i dont have roxio on my system good thing i dont from the sounds of it :) . should i uninstall the nero that i do have before installing the nero ultra? i wont install it until i have heard back.
    angelluv

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Well, we have one thing going right for us anyway. Maybe that's a good sign.

Yes, I would uninstall and then you can do a clean install of Ultra 6. These downloads will take some time as they are large files. Be sure not to get pack #3, InCD. 1 and 2 are a must.

I would go ahead and get 4,5, and 6. If you don't care for any of the others you can always uninstall at the end of the month. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you need my quickie NVE guide let me know. :>)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  15. angelluv

angelluv Member

biorange
    ok the new nero is installed. when i try to add a mpg file it says "no compatible file found" so it is obvious that i will need ur tutorial. once again im sorry that i am being such a dumbass blonde about all this.
    thanx
    angelluv

16. angelluv

angelluv Member

ok i have the new nero all installed without any problems. BUT when i try and start to burn a dvd if i use a mpg file i get the error message "no compatible file found" then if i try and use a vob file it lets me add the file but when i go to the next step the final burn settings page all looks ok accept that the tab for Burn is grayed out. so it is stuck there. what am i doing wrong i thought for sure i had gotten it until that happened. someone please help me.
    thanx
    angelluv

17. angelluv

angelluv Member

oh and btw where would i find the update files that were suggested that i download. the update pack 1,2 , 4,5, and 6.
    angelluv

18. Veblin

Veblin Active member

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Angelluv, do you have your burner selected in the target window?

20. angelluv

angelluv Member

yes i do have my burner selected. i downloaded the updates installed them then tried again. guess what? no luck i get to the burn window and the burn key/tab is greyed out i cant click on it to start to burn. then when i tried to use the image file it tells me that i have the wrong medium in it. nero hates me i tell ya :)
    any help any advice besides a kick in the butt.
    angelluv