1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynex Discs

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by 8bitgeek, Mar 20, 2007.

1. 8bitgeek

8bitgeek Member

I got some dynex discs from Best Buy sometime ago when they were about 9 bucks for a 50 pack. They code out as being Verbatims MMC 004 and it got a quality score of 93. The thing is no matter how I burn the discs they refuse to work in all but one dvd player that I have put them in. They work fine in a laptop , but they get are very choppy and eventually freeze when put in a standalone player.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or am I stuck with 50 discs I cannot use for movies?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

How fast you burning them? Keep the burn at around 8x.

What's the brand name,model#,and current firmware version of your dvd-rw drive?

Does that burner play it's own backups ok while viewing on the pc? Make sure it plays it near perfection. It's usually a stand alone player issue.Test the backups on other drives as well.That'll tell you if the problem is with a certain drive or if most drives are having issues with your dynex verbs.

Do you slap on sticker labels?

Multi-tasking during the dvd backup process?

What are you backing up? Original dvds or Avi-dvd,etc.

Does other blank dvd media work ok?

Players can be sensitive to all those things I listed,thus making them picky players.. Here's some more things that can trigger playback issues on a picky player:

Burn engine
    Fragmented HD
    Dirty laser lens-after ruling everything else out.That's usually the culprit.
    Certain MID coded media
    Programs transferring files into dvd compliant format
    Burn quality: Keep firmware up to date to help control the writing strategy. There's also some crap drives out there.

3. np3502

np3502 Member

i bought some of those dynex +r a while back too. i burned all 50 with dvdxcopy when i had it and they all skipped when they got to the middle of the movie except in one certain dvd player. i just got some sony -r and burned them and they work fine in all dvd players. i would say cut your loses and get some sony -r or most people recomend verbatium.

4. rqb2001

rqb2001 Member

DYNEX are crap.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

try to booktype them dvd-rom. more than likely the discs ARE crap though. get ya some verbatims or tys. +r's if your drive is capable of bitsetting. -r's if not.

6. rqb2001

rqb2001 Member

I only use Verbatim +R's myself. A co worker gave me some Dynex and they are something terrible.