1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynex DVD writer won't read most DVD's after flash update

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by boostud, Feb 28, 2007.

1. boostud

boostud Member

I was having some issues with this drive not reading some of my DVD games / movies, so I ran the drvupdate.com site it listed on its cover. It was successfully flashed to A091. Now it sucks even worse. I can't find the actual make of this drive, and no tool seems to detect the make either. The only label on the drive is DX-DVDRW16.

Can anybody help me flash this to a earlier, more stable, firmware?

Thanks a million to anybody who can offer some advice

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

It seems to be a re-badged BTC writer. I now have an LG writer, but before that I had a BTC 4x writer, which I was very happy with.

I believe besides the Dynex brand it was also labelled as Emprex and also carried the BTC badge. BTC stopped support for their drives in 2006 I think. These BTC/Emprex models shared the same firmware: DRW 1016IM and -IB, DRW 1116IM and -IB.

Links to various versions on this page

It seems that A091 is one of the versions shown, but there are earlier ones too.

BTC / Emprex firmware collection

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=145930

I must emphasise I have not got a BTC drive any more, so I can't try them for you. But it must be worth a flash before you go buy another drive.

Good luck!