1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E:/ is not accessible The device is not ready

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mjb, Jun 23, 2003.

1. mjb

mjb Guest

Hi, i have looked everywhere for an solution to this, and it may be something very fundamental. Basically my dvd drive will not recognise a new blank Verbatim dvd+r. The drive is a brand new Pioneer DVR-105 running through the usb port. It plays commercial dvds no probs, but wont recognise a blank one, which of course makes the burning process a right pain. I've tried using InstantCD/DVD and Nero, however similar results.
    Any possible solutions out there?

Many thanks,

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

The Pioneer 105 is a DVD-R writer and not a DVD+R so it will not recognise the +R media - you need to use -R media only.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

;-) lol
    Im sorry for laughing, but do you know you are putting a +R disc in a -R system? I hope you didnt buy a lot of those disc because you are not gonig to have much luck.
    There is a way, in theory to enable the 105 to burn +R, but ut doesnt ever tend to work. In the future make sure to by DVD-R only. Ritek G04's would be best.

Lol - sorry again for laughing.

Chris

4. mjb

mjb Guest

I now have this really nice dvd+r mobile hanging in the house......!
    The guy at the shop actually exchanged them no probs, whilst shaking his head!!
    Another question while we're here. I have burnt a .mpg file using TMPGE to dvd. The video is fine but the audio is terrible, stops and starts constantly. In TMPGE I used NTSC with CBR Mpeg Layer II audio.. I used the 1:1 VGA aspect ratio, also it took about 5 hrs to encode a 130meg file...it ended up about 800meg on the dvd.
    Thanks